PDA

View Full Version : New Bod

DeniseB
02-10-05, 19:18
:) Just thought I would say hello as I have just registered on the site. Have already found it really useful. Have popped in from time to time when I have been going through bad spells and it has always made me feel better. Reminds me of all the techniques I forget when I'm feeling good and need reminding of when I feel not so good!

Denise xx

seh1980
02-10-05, 20:02
hi Denise,

Glad you're finding the site useful. Hope we can keep offering you good advice!!

Sarah :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Karen
02-10-05, 20:03
Hi Denise

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are finding some help and useful information here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

DeniseB
02-10-05, 20:09
Thanks Guys. Still finding my feet on the site[8)].

trac67
02-10-05, 20:30
Hi Denise,
welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends
Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Meg
02-10-05, 21:07
Welcome Denise

Glad we've already been of help and hope we continue to be too.

Let us know if we can help with anything specific.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
02-10-05, 21:53
Hi Denise

A big warm welcome to you. Glad you are finding your feet

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

dream
03-10-05, 06:37
hi denise
welcome to this site
i have found it very helpful too, every one has good advice and its nice to know your not alone [ oh by the way great name lol ] take care denise xx

denise

meatybuddy
03-10-05, 07:22
hi Denise

Welcome to the forums good to hear that you are fnding the site usefull

best wishes

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

DeniseB
03-10-05, 08:27
Thanks everyone. Like most of the stories I have read already on the site I am trying to deal with the complexaties of panic!! Had been doing well of late and then had an almighty panic attack when stuck in traffic last week. The result has been a jittery few days worrying I am going back to square one!! When will I learn that these blips happen and the feeling will pass!! Trying hard this week not to dwell on the feelings and to aviod things which I have a tendancy to do when I feel like this.

I have a follow up appoinment this week after a cousre of beating the blues which went through CBT techniques. It was helpful. Now trying to move forward with the Agrophobia (fine within a certain area but limited to how far I can go!!). Not getting very much back on that at the moment so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for listening.

Denise

chucklehound
03-10-05, 08:41
Hi Denise and welcome to the forum. I am glad that you are finding it helpful.
Love
chucklehound
xxxx

Meg
03-10-05, 09:02
Denise
The Beating the Blues - was that the computer programme ?
Glad you said it was helpful as its the programme tipped to be in every GPs surgery soon , in answer to the shortage of CBT therapists..

Can you tell us a bit more about it please and what bits you found helpful and what bits were not ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tracyp584
03-10-05, 09:06
Hey Denise,

Welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

DeniseB
03-10-05, 10:40
Meg,

Was a bit unsure when the beating the blues was suggested as I didn't feel Blue!! Anxious, nervous, restricted etc etc but not depressed. Was told that the course covered CBT which I had read about on the site and that it wasn't just for people feeling depressed, so tought it was worth a try as I had specifically asked about CBT. It is based on the computer and runs for 6 weeks for about 45 min at a time. In general it gave some good advice and techniques. Some I had learnt myself anyway as you do when panic strikes but it gave you different options on stratagies to deal with the feelings ie graded exposure, diaries etc. It also explained thought pattenrs, automatic thoughts and inner beliefs and how they influence your reactions. There are about six personal stories that are on the program and you can click on them to find how they dealt with situations and the tasks that were set which was useful. The only problem with it was there was only one that had anxiety the main stay was depression. Although the senarios may have been based on an actual case you could tell the people were actors which was a shame!! At the begining of each session it overviews what has been done so far and at the end you get a print out of things covered and task sheets to moniter how you have done that week. That is a general overview, can certainly give you more detail if you have any questions.

I think it is helpful, especially for milder anxiety and panic and for more severe forms it is a good starting point in understanding how you feel and how your thoughts and responses to those thoughts impact on each other.

Denise

lainey
03-10-05, 10:57
Hi Denise

Welcome to the site, glad you hane found it's helped you.

Take care

Elaine x

nomorepanic
03-10-05, 20:47
Hi Denise and welcome aboard.

Lovely to see you here and I hope we can be of some help.

(I removed your duplicate post for you as well).

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"