PDA

View Full Version : upset, failure and really had enough

mummy4
09-08-09, 18:43
of this stupid anxiety now im 26 with 4 kids and have had this since i was 17. was walking happily through a busy shopping mall when suddenly i came over really dizzy and had to literally run outside.
been on and off various meds. have been taking 5mg cipralex for 4 years now.
had a lovely weekend with hubby and kids apart from this silly anxiety/panic its really getting me down and making me feel restricted. ive not even done a food shop since feb (i use tesco.com) as im way to panicky. its esp in shops/busy places.
we viewed a house yesterday and i felt fine had quite busy day and went to to into a small newsagents last night and felt like i was loosing balance almost walking to one side if that makes sense then my heart started to beat really fast. i could not wait to just grab the baby milk pay and run out of the store. same thing happened at tesco garage this moring while i was paying for petrol this time with lightheadedness too. its making me feel soooooooooo down just dont know what to do or try next :weep:

mummy4
10-08-09, 08:55
oh someone please give me some advise am really struggling with this :(

mummy4
10-08-09, 20:17
anyone please :weep:

Panikki
10-08-09, 20:43
Hi Mummy,
i have these same sensations dizzy and balance probs when out in shops ..it is unpleasant and makes you feel really panicky ..thats why you wanna run ...have done it myself many times. I think i posted to you previously regarding the meds you on ...was you gonna up the dose or something? I still havent taken mine yet ...cipralex? Anyway regards the dizzy ..we both know its panic and the real answer is that you gotta stick it out not run .. thats where we go wrong...i've got to start doing this regarding staying at home alone ..another prob for me...otherwise i will stay like this forever ..which i dont want...i know its bad and its scarey but its the only way out of the viscious cycle. Feel free to pm me anytime ..things will get better hang in there..take care jodiex

pollyanna
10-08-09, 20:49
HI

I totally get where you are coming from, and i am so sorry that you are suffering in this way, there is nothing i can say that will change this for you right now, but i do know how you feel, anxiety undermines your confidence, just when you think you are getting somewhere, BAM, it hits you, just like it has with you after you had had a resaonably good day, it does really get you down, i used to have terrible dizziness due to anxiety, i once was admitted to hospital and wheeled aound in a chair because i was so dizzy when i stood up and tried to walk, i found it very hard to believe that is was due to anxiety, i was convinced that it was so strong and so powerful, it had to be something else, but it wasnt.
The only thing i can say is it will lessen, the less stress and anxious you are gradully it will lessen, i wish i could give you a magic formula, and it would be gone overnight, but please dont lose heart, the more i confronted it and accepted it as anxiety the less power it had over me, it still happened, but i had to keep reminding myself, it was anxiety, and gradually it will lessen, try and keep you thoughts on something else as much as you can, easier said than done i know, get involved with the children or do something else that your mind can be occupied with, even for a short time.
i am really struggling containing my anxiety and obsessional thoughts myself at the moment, and having a really tough time, emotionally, financially and physically, i feel very low , miserable , but this aint gonna beat me, i have been through to much to give up now.when i read your post i really felt for you, although i cant do anything to change your situation, i wanted to let you know that i care, and you are not alone.

Take care,

Pauline x:hugs:

ramorim
10-08-09, 20:52
Hi. Forgive me for my bad English, but I’m from Portugal.

I’ve been experiencing dizziness caused by anxiety for 18 years now.
But I’ve been feeling close to perfect most of the time.

That requires (at least in my case) some adjustments in the meds, or at least in the doses of the meds over the time.

I don’t know if you tried another doctor, but if you didn’t, that would be the first thing I would do.

My worst experience with doctors was with one of the most respected doctors here in Portugal. But the real fact is that I never felt good with the meds that he prescribed.

You say that you have been taking 5 mg of Cipralex for the last 4 years, Does that mean that in these 4 years you never changed the dose ?

Bear in mind that I’m not a doctor, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned from my 18 year experience of anxiety and dizziness is that I’m not always at the same stage of anxiety.

I can feel great with 3mg of bromazepam for 3 years, as I can have the need (as I did) to take 18mg, for some time.

In other words, there are times where I need adjustments in my meds (or even change).

If you aren’t feeling any better and your doctor doesn’t change anything in the meds, then I suggest you find yourself another doctor.
You may even have a great doctor, but your specific problem may need a different approach.

I hope you will get better soon.

anx mum
10-08-09, 21:24
Hi hun really know how u feel this anxiety is a living hell like u i was scared 2 go in supermarkets crowdwd places still am sometimes got a fear im gonna pass out. Msn me anytime x

mummy4
13-08-09, 11:11
thanks so much for your replies.....means a lot.

ive been feeling little more positive past few days am trying to think positive instead of constant negative though thats sometimes easier said than done (had a bit of a relapse yday due to dentist) i done cbt about 6 years ago. it did not work then but am giving it another go now (my hv gave me a photocopy of the work book so am doing it by myself) who knows maybe it will work this time! xx

den68
13-08-09, 13:43
hi mummy
this time last year i was in a awful state couldnt leave the house alone, going shopping was impossible and when i did i would leave my trolley and run out thinking im going to faint. i couldnt even stay in the house on my own incase i was ill and would die ( well thats what i thought would happen ). You need to break this into small pieces. Instead of trying to go straight into supermarket try the local shop first you may need someone wiyh you to start and decide what item you are going to get and then leave. Then have someone wait outside for you and then build it up untilll you can go alone. Keep a list of everything you manage to do never mind how hard you found it, it keeps you motivated, dont think about what you cant do concentrate on what you can. This has worked well for me and im getting there, just need to go to do a proper shop alone now and a few things to do with medication , but i feel more confident than i did before i got this as i think if i can beat this i can beat anything and be proud of yourself when you manage something new. You may have to go into the shop quiet a few times before you feel comfortable but it will happen
good luck
denise

mummy4
13-08-09, 21:13
thanks denise and good luck to you too x