PDA

View Full Version : im looking for some good tips on anxiety

coco9528
10-08-09, 00:47
Hi im 25 and have been suffering with really bad anxiety and panic for about 8 years also agoraphobia ive never been able to work or go anywhere but recently ive been trying to do more with a really good friend and lots of beer as thats the only thing that relaxes me. im better than i used to be as i didnt hardly leave my room for years but im getting scared that i will be that way again soon as the physical symptoms when i try to do more things are really gettin me down i dont know how to get rid of them and there getting worse every day. im not on medication because i wont do counselling and i dont go the doctors anymore because i cant stand the waiting room I want help but dont know who to ask. ive never been on a chat room before Im just looking for some good tips on how to stop or reduce the symptoms if anyones got any id love to hear them.

Thanks

nomorepanic
10-08-09, 15:45
Hi there

Have you read the website pages on the left - first steps and how to cope are a good starting place.

coco9528
10-08-09, 16:20
I have yes thanks there is a lot of useful stuff in there that im gonna try I just want someone who knows what its like but are ok now to tell me how they did it.

AMBERMAN2
10-08-09, 16:56
french red wine will relax u give u about 5 hrs sleep at night becarefull if on meds max 1 glass

coco9528
11-08-09, 13:44
Hi ok ill give that a try thanks. If you can think of anythin else please let me know im desparate for some good ideas off people who know. Ive learnt a lot from this site though.

nomorepanic
11-08-09, 14:42
Personally I would not go down the drinking each night routine!

coco9528
11-08-09, 15:33
Hi nicola thinking about it ye thats maybe not the best idea. Thanks for writing all the info ive read it all its good to understand it hopefully i will be able to controll it more now and your story is inspirational i dont know how you do everything you do and still live with anxiety and panic its amazing.