PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel a little lightheaded all the time?

lovelovelove
10-08-09, 08:18
Hi all! First off, I've been suffering anxiety for the past week or so. It all started one day when I felt lightheaded and generally did not feel okay. I shrugged it off at first thinking It was stress. But when It didn't go away the next day I started panicking and started developing these other symptoms like palpitations, breathing difficulties, getting jumpy and a little nausea. Naturally, I made my mother take me to the hospital and get checked (probably about 5 trips to the hospital). Results came back normal and I was relieved for a while but started freaking out again because I still had most of my symptoms notably the lightheadedness.

Now, my question is if it is normal to feel lightheaded all the time even when I'm not really having a panic attack. Also, I have not been sleeping regularly due to me being bothered by these symptoms. I need input guys!

Mogwog
10-08-09, 15:27
Hi

I had this a while back and it make me really panicky which made it worse. If I get really stressed/anxious I feel like this, to be homest I feel like it now most days due to anxiety! Hope this gives you a little comfort.xxxxxxxxxxx

xfilme
10-08-09, 16:37
I am wondering if this might be a virus. I had the same symptoms for ten days with no improvements. After speaking to NHS direct and my GP, they came to the conclusion it is Labyrinthitis, a viral inner ear infection. They didnt give me anything other than nausea tablets as virus's do not respond to antibiotics. Its just annoying because it primarily effects my balance and causes me to feel dizzy, lightheaded and nauseous most of the time. The nausea tablets are three a day for a month as my doc feels it could take a while to return to normal. Maybe you should get checked for ear infections too. Also please not that I had nausea but was never sick and I had no fever symptoms or ear ache.

AMBERMAN2
10-08-09, 16:53
I am wondering if this might be a virus. I had the same symptoms for ten days with no improvements. After speaking to NHS direct and my GP, they came to the conclusion it is Labyrinthitis, a viral inner ear infection. They didnt give me anything other than nausea tablets as virus's do not respond to antibiotics. Its just annoying because it primarily effects my balance and causes me to feel dizzy, lightheaded and nauseous most of the time. The nausea tablets are three a day for a month as my doc feels it could take a while to return to normal. Maybe you should get checked for ear infections too. Also please not that I had nausea but was never sick and I had no fever symptoms or ear ache.
i have had simular 4 many years do u tend to dwindle/fantasise on things you have fail?ed on and felt even worse ie sum 1 u like who doesnt like u wishing 2 b friends

DizzyDi
10-08-09, 19:03
Hey I have felt like this for 3 years, I was perfectly fine and then one day was dizzy for no reason. And I have been ever since. Persistant dizzyness can be caused by loads of different things and it can be a very frustrating sometimes. It could be and inner ear issue, migraine, or mine is caused by ME. Quite often if caused by a minor infection the horrible feeling will go in a month, Id go to ur GP and get a full check up (especiallyyour ears, and be persistent : ) ). Because doctors know dizzyness isnt lifethreatening or dangerous they tend to ignore it but this is very frustrating as long term it can really impact on your life so dont give up. Good luck : D