PDA

View Full Version : Lump in breast - help me please.

Mogwog
10-08-09, 11:59
Hi all

Iam o glad to have found this site. I have always been a worrier which was made worse when my son was born (he nearly died and now has many additiional needs including being deaf and having epilepsy and cerebral palsy)

Anyway, 12 days ago I had some breat pain and when I was in the shower I felt a lump, I immediatly went into a major panic and didnt sleep that night and felt sick etc. I made a docs appt the next day and was seen by a foundation doc who had a feel, said she could feel it and that we could try antibiotics. I wasnt happy and asked if she could refer me to a breast clinic. She agreed she would as she could see I was anxious. I saw a consultant a a clinic last Thurs he did an ultrasound scan and there was the lump looking huge! He said I would have to have Fine Needle Aspiration to take some cells from it to dertermine what it was and whether it was benign or not. He did this and I got the results as benign but they didnt know what the lump is.

I have had severe anxeity since that what if he didnt get the needel into the lump and just took cells from normal breast tissue. My breast is agony and I cant cope anymore. I just want to be there for my little boy but I cant because of my anxiety.

Please help me. Anyone had a similair experience?

Thank you

L.XXXXXXXX

tashbarnes87
10-08-09, 13:38
heya hun, sorry to hear you are having a hard time. If the docs say its benign surely they must be able to do something about it such as remove it to get rid of the pain etc? I had a lump in March was about a cm by cm and was rock had, i found it when my son was 16 days old. I was convinced that was it & its was the big c but it was a simple milk cyst ( went through the worst month of my life). I know how painful the biopsy can be!! Doctors dont make mistakes when it comes down to things like this and wouldnt have got the biopsy wrong and missed the lump as they are guided by an ultrasound. You will get lots of great advice from here :)xx

amandah
10-08-09, 14:24
Hiya so sorry for your problems I had a recent breast scare and had a biopsy done under a huge panic attack as well But results are all clear for me . They will be clear for you as well . Keep positive good luck amandah

suzy-sue
10-08-09, 14:37
Ive had two scares now .:scared15: They were both quite big .They were benign and the consultant said it was probably down to hormones .They wouldnt have made a mistake with the biopsy .If it doesnt go ,they can get rid of it quite easy .A friend of mine had hers removed .it left a little scar that was hardly noticable .It will probably just go as quick as it came .Evening primrose oil taken 3x a day 500mg will help with the pain and ibrofen . Please try not to worry hun .Luv Sue xx:hugs:

amu
10-08-09, 15:02
My Mum noticed a lump in her breast a long time ago (10-15 years?) and she went through the same thing as you, had biopsy and it was benign.
She did not have it removed and I think it's still there and she's fine.

However, as I have severe HA I know exactly how you feel and if I had the same experience as you, I would not struggle with anxiety over this, instead I would make another appointment and have it removed asap so I don't have to worry about it any longer.
Why don't you just say to the doctor that you accept and believe that it is benign, however, as it hurts badly you want it out. I am sure that would be fine. :hugs:

PS: Tash is right, breast clinic doctors don't make mistakes when taking biopsies.

Mogwog
10-08-09, 15:14
Thank you all for replying so quickly.

I have emailed the consultant and told him my fears and asked him what the next step is.

I think I would be more at ease if he had used the ultrasound to guide him but he didn't.

I have moments when i am telling myself I am being silly and then I just cry thinking I have the dreaded C .

I hate feeling like this :(

Laura.x

Mogwog
12-08-09, 16:22
I am having my boob lump removed on Tuesday and am now panicking about that :scared15: - Ahh its never ending!!!!!!! Its also costing a bomb as I refuse to wait on the NHS because of my anxiety, luckily my parents are absolute stars and know how much it is affecting me so are helping with finances - god I love my parents:notworthy:

Laura.xxxxxxxx

teez
12-08-09, 17:26
right firstly hun dont panic,,,easy your saying its cos ive been here done that,,,ive got breast cancer,,,and dont panic yours prob isnt ,,,not that many are,,having the lumpectomy fine,,,leaves you just a wee bit sore,,,no real actual pain,,all i,ll say is get a soft well fitting bra actually two ,,,you,ll need it on from word go for the support,,no lifting after and do the exersizes given,,its made a big difference to me,,,i had full movement nearly straight after,,,please dont work yourself up,,it will be over in a flash and your home,and my scares really faded now,,,so even that doesnt look bad,,keep your chin up,,and if you need me any more now or after just leave a pm ,,xxx