PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations and digestive problems

House fan
10-08-09, 12:07
I was wondering just how many members who experience Ectopic beats or a rapid heart beat have digestive problems.

Medical professionals seem to lean towards the idea that there is no (or little) link to the two, but I disagree strongly on this issue. It would be interesting to know if I was alone in thinking this.

House.

Rich101
14-08-09, 19:10
I think there must be a link between the two, I get more palps for example after eating a large meal, or having fizzy drinks!! As if the compression in the chest, puts preassure on my heart and contributes to palpitations. I also find after having mints, or mint teas, for helping digestion reloieves the pressure.

nickieb
14-08-09, 19:34
Same here, i get them when im hungry (build up of acid) & after i have eaten. I suffer reflux & indigestion!

There is defo a link x

shorty1969
14-08-09, 20:37
I agree ! When i eat to much i get them :( I ended up in hospital last week through acid reflux ,couldnt get a breath and sharp pain across my chest .

shellike
21-08-09, 13:36
I definately think there is a connection. It feels like there is pressure on the heart after eating sometimes, I may lay on my left side and that feels as if something has pressed on my heart, I even think that something inside me is leaning on my heart sometimes that shouldn't be causing it to miss beat it is such a strange feeling, and of course if I try to describe this to anyone they think I am positively mad.