PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy headaches or worse

pigtailplaits
10-08-09, 16:35
Hi Everyone,
I am 7.5mts pregnant and have really bad headaches, daily. Headache is there when I get up and stays most of the day and gets worse again at night. The pregnancy forums all seem to say headaches are common in first and second trimester but not third. So i am worried it might be the onset of something else. 18mts ago I had a bit of breakdown, developed health anxiety which I had counselling for. I had a brain MRI scan Feb 2008 which was normal. My health anxiety was manageable up until about 2 weeks ago then I noticed all the signs of it returning which I dont think I can cope with all over again. I am terrified of leaving my kids behind if I die but I am also terrified of no-one believing my headache is really there and it being too late. My headache is staying one place and not a general type headache. Any pregnant ladies in third trimester suffering headaches? Just need to feel like I am not gonna die any day soon

LisaLisa
10-08-09, 17:10
Hi Everyone,
I am 7.5mts pregnant and have really bad headaches, daily. Headache is there when I get up and stays most of the day and gets worse again at night. The pregnancy forums all seem to say headaches are common in first and second trimester but not third. So i am worried it might be the onset of something else. 18mts ago I had a bit of breakdown, developed health anxiety which I had counselling for. I had a brain MRI scan Feb 2008 which was normal. My health anxiety was manageable up until about 2 weeks ago then I noticed all the signs of it returning which I dont think I can cope with all over again. I am terrified of leaving my kids behind if I die but I am also terrified of no-one believing my headache is really there and it being too late. My headache is staying one place and not a general type headache. Any pregnant ladies in third trimester suffering headaches? Just need to feel like I am not gonna die any day soon

Without a doubt your anxiety coming back is just the hormones of the last trimester winding you up. I had this too. Dont stress yourself out about honestly it will go once baby is here. It might even get better before then, mine go bad about where you are then started to improve and by the time she was due I was in a relatively good mood.
Not sure about the headache, midwife or doctor definately. Get it checked out , only being super super cautious when I say that not because i think is anything other than hormones.

Please remember as regards the head ache that you have health anxiety and it will make you feel scared about the headahce when you dont need to be.

Hope your feeling okay

Is this your first baby, do you know what you are having??

Its so exciting!!

Lisa
xxx

pigtailplaits
12-08-09, 11:31
having a boy this time. Already have a girl, she is 2.5 - I feel really guilty coz i was desperate for another girl and I was upset when they said it was a boy. I am coming round to the idea now and feel I should be happy that I am pregnant never mind about the sex. My headache is worse today, have no high BP or protein so dont know if there is any point going to MW. Thanks for reply though

andie73
12-08-09, 13:23
Hi

I'm 36 weeks pregnant. I have suffered alot from headaches in the past but for some reason since being pregnant I haven't been that bothered by them. The few I have had though have been in the third trimester. I think that perhaps your anxiety is making things much worse, I always get headaches when I'm too tense.

I know headaches can be a sign of pre eclampsia but you would have protein in your urine and your BP would be up. I would maybe just mention it at your next ante natal check. If it is really bothering you though you could always give your midwife a ring, it might put your mind at ease a bit.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

LisaLisa
12-08-09, 13:35
having a boy this time. Already have a girl, she is 2.5 - I feel really guilty coz i was desperate for another girl and I was upset when they said it was a boy. I am coming round to the idea now and feel I should be happy that I am pregnant never mind about the sex. My headache is worse today, have no high BP or protein so dont know if there is any point going to MW. Thanks for reply though

I know what you mean!! Girl babies are soooo cute and their clothes are really sweet too. I think I would like a boy now too but my anxiety is stopping me from any more babies at the mo...your sooooo lucky!!

Thats good about the protein and stuff, sounds like stress headaches and yucky hormones to be sure!!

Hope your okay today luv

Lisa
xxxx:hugs:

pigtailplaits
12-08-09, 14:51
I was lucky, I got pregnant at a time when I felt relatively happy and I had started to accept the fact that one day I wouldnt be here anymore. I had it all under control but now its back just not as bad.I can actually pin point the time when I started to panic again, I was sitting in hairdressers reading an article in newspaper about that young mum who has developed locked in syndrome after a stroke. The article said her only previous symptoms were migraine type headaches and its sent me into a bit of an emotional whirlwind. I am sure I will be fine, I just want to deliver a healthy little boy before my anxiety gets worse and could cause some effect on the baby. Yeah, defo not as many cutie clothes for little boys and I am just trying to concentrate on his nursery now. Thanks for replys everyone