PDA

View Full Version : Chest X-Ray

Cat80
10-08-09, 17:20
I've been referred for a chest x-ray as my Dr is trying to find out if there are any underlying problems to my frequent sweating and hot flushes. My blood test results were normal for thyroid, aneamia (she thought I may be as I'm pale) etc. Abnormal were 2 results but only slightly. One I couldn't read on the screen what it was lol but the other was something to say I may have slight inflammation somewhere.

I'm really scared of having a chest x-ray (I don't have to get my boobs out do I lol). I don't know why I need one as I don't smoke, have no pains in my chest and I can breathe ok as well (apart from the usual breathlessness I get with anxiety).

Just worried as to what could be wrong. I get pains in my wrists and my right knee a lot and didn't think of telling the Dr that, maybe that could be the inflammation?

nickieb
10-08-09, 19:00
You will b e wearing a gown hun. I think they will probably trying to rule out infections such as TB an such which can cause the aforementioned symptoms.
How old are you? have they checked for FSH??- menopausal bloods.

I wouldnt worry sweating & hot flushes can merely be the sign of anxiety xx

Cat80
11-08-09, 10:21
Thanks for the reply nickieb :)

I'm 29. I've not had blood tests for FSH. Just the general ones. I partly think my being hot all the time is down to anxiety, just a slight niggle that I am boiling hot even when not anxious.

Glad I will be wearing a gown, hope I don't have to sit in the dressing room like that lol. I can't have TB and things like that as I have no chest pain, no coughing etc. I suppose at least my Dr is taking me seriously though which is a good thing