PDA

View Full Version : Please help I am so worried again

mary8
10-08-09, 18:15
Hi

I have posted here before as I suffer terribly from health anxiety. My latest symptom is a sore sensitive mouth, for the past 2 weeks I have suffered this, it is really hard to explain but if I run my tongure all over the inside of my mouth is feels rough (not smooth like it usually does) also my tongue feels a bit like when you have burnt it by eating something hot. I have recently been eating rather a lot of walnuts and brazil nuts, I am wondering whether this has caused this, although I have always eating dried nuts as I know they are good for you, but I have to admit to rather over indulging myself. Anyway, I haven't eaten hardly any in the past week but still I have this sore mouth. It did seem to be getting slightly better a few days ago but then I had a few peanuts on Saturday evening (hardly any mind) and now it's back.
Has anyone else suffered something similar, I am worrying myself sick over this, I think I must have something awful wrong with me to cause me mouth to feel this way.
I would be so grateful for your feedback as I do feel so down about it.
Thank you for taking the trouble to read my thread and I hope to hear from you soon.

assisi
10-08-09, 23:47
Hi Mary8
I am no dentist but I have had a lot of mouth problems from time to time --- last time it was thrush and before that an iron deficiency but your explanation of roughness makes me feel that yours is due to mechanical damage ---- the kind you might well expect from rough nuts in excess.

If you did some damage earlier and then had a few days off the peanuts could easily have been enough to affect the already tender mouth areas.

If you have an approachable dentist ask for an emergency appointment to check it out --- they know a lot about mouths in general and not just teeth----that could set you mind at rest --- either that or just keep off any rough or hot irritating foods for at least a week and see what that does.

LisaLisa
11-08-09, 11:00
hello

Anxiety and stress causes your circulation to change a little and less blood is directed to you extremities and also you salivary gland and mucous membranes like your mouth and nose, that has the effect of giving you a dry mouth and nose. When I have a dry mouth it makes its feel rough like my tou
tongue is dry and sometime feels like it sticks to the roof of my mouth. I have it just now. It will get worse if you worry about it luv, so try to forget it.

Hope your feeling okay

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs: