PDA

View Full Version : chest tumour???

little_linz
10-08-09, 23:13
for the last few weeks when i wake up i feel pain in my chest, it goes away but it worryingme, i feel abt breathless and tight chested. i suffer from asthma and anxiety but i dont know if this could be something else, a few weeks back the doc listend to my chest and said it was clear, he tapped it alot aswell. I am so worried this is something sinister, im trying to be happy and to plan my wedding but this is all i think about. i smoke and im going to pack in. I have just been feeling my chest aboveand about 2 inches down from my collarbone i can feel a bump, its bone but its thicker and more raised than my other side, im stressing out so much

meg86
11-08-09, 11:25
Hello Little Linz,

I am new to this forum but also suffer from terrible health anxiety, firstly chest pains are a very very common symptom of anxiety, when my anxiety first started i had terrible chest pains, i couldnt breath i had pains down my left arm i was in constant agony for a month, i went to the doctor he said i was fine but one day it was that bad i pretty much collapsed and was taken to hospital and put on a heart monitor which turned out to be perfectly fine!

Ever since i went to the hospital my chest only hurts when im very anxious and even half has bad, i think that you will find with most of us with health anxiety once we have had the tests that rule out anything nasty our symptoms start to diminish.

Also with regards to the bone, sometimes our bodies are not 100% symmetrical but if you need reassurance from the doctor about it then go back for a second opinion. If you are anything like me it doesnt matter what anyone says, you will still worry so probably best to go back for peace of mind :) xxx

Lucky07
16-08-09, 05:56
I have the same bone on my chest that sticks our further than the one on the other side. I remember slightly freaking out the first time I noticed it! I get lots of chest pain too. The doctors have never found anything wrong with me, just anxiety. Hope you feel better soon.

cupcakes2009
16-08-09, 09:57
Im so with you on this, i have chest pains this morning and im so freeking out about it im so scared :( im speaking to my gp tomorrow so i hope she will put my mind at rest again :D

MOJO
16-08-09, 10:55
I have bad chest pain when I am very anxious too. My left arm also hurts and I get pins and needles. I'm sure it is just anxiety but something in the back of your mind keeps saying "what if it's my heart really?"
As for the bony bits being different on either side, that is normal and I wouldn't worry about it.

cupcakes2009
16-08-09, 11:27
"what if it's my heart really?" thats what im doing right now to myself :( sorry to thread crash. Also my boney bits are not the same im sat here feeling them lol. xx

meg86
17-08-09, 11:05
Hello!

Just a bit of information i thought i would tell you about, i am currently having a bit of a lymph node scare, i am constantly searching mybody for lumps and bumps, i also noticed a boney bump on my chest, i went to the doctor in panic on Saturday who confirmed that my lymph nodes are fine and that the lump on my chest is where your breast bone joins, he said everyones bulge slightly in that area, after some careful probing i have noticed i have it on my left side to! my chest feels so sore from probing and it also depends on how you sit you can feel it more on one side.

I could feel it on my right side, but when i shifted my weight to the left i could feel it on the left side to! Also i have a verty boney chest if it was a actual lump or bump it would be visable.

I suggest you should go to your doctor to put your mind at rest :) good luck xx