PDA

View Full Version : Tan lines worrying me (yes, really)

MandySlade
11-08-09, 02:26
I never tan. I've been tan twice now in my adult life and I'm 30. I got a very mild sunburn over 2 months ago and my tan lines are still exactly the same, if anything they seem maybe darker.. although I've gotten no more sun. So, this has me panicking thinking they should have gone away by now and something MUST be wrong with me because my skin should have "healed" itself and evened out by now. Anyone know if this is normal or not?

SocialTool
11-08-09, 03:46
I used to be on a swim team when I was in my early teens and the Speedo left distinctive tan lines. They didn't fade until 3 or 4 years after. I am fair skinned tho, so IDK if that has anything to do with it. My tan lines last til next season and then some every year.

LisaLisa
11-08-09, 10:51
I think its totally normal. Sometimes your skin can dry out and not shed the same way. It will make the tan lines stay. When you are stressed your skin is very effected and especially the way it reacts to the sun. If you are run down with anxiety , you even get more freckles in the sun!!

I know lots of peple who are more responsive to the sun as they have aged and when they are stressed and anxious

Dont worry about it , give yourself a break!!

Lisa
xxxx:hugs: :hugs: