PDA

View Full Version : Helplessness, shaky feeling

sugarplum
11-08-09, 21:55
Hi Everyone
I'm just posting really to get stuff off my chest.. I wonder if anyone else feels the same. Today I have been plagued on and off with a horrible sense of helplessness which just makes me panicky, gives me the fluttery heart and stomach and plays havoc with my ahem, bodily habits. I have had a tiff with my boyfriend basically, how silly, but i decided earlier i was too angry with him to speak else I would only shout and swear. I thought I was being mature and sensible in refusing to succumb to this anger, but now as I am ready to explain in a calm way how I feel he will not respond to my calls or texts and the horrible panic has washed over me. I cant get rid of it. I had perhaps 45 minutes of relief where I tried distraction, I wrote a letter to some friends, but the minute my concentration stopped, that feeling came back.

Its horrific, how do we deal with it on a daily basis?

And also I am feeling sorry for myself because I think since last week when I realised I am struggling with this anxiety and panic it has only got worse. Now I am angry at myself for noticing it, acknowledging it and giving in to it, as if it has won and now has complete control over me.

Am I overreacting and being melodramatic? It often feels like it but I can't stop it. And why does it always feel worse at night?

Sugarplum
:sad: