PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Jamie_
12-08-09, 09:42
Well my name is Jamie and I'm 19..i've been suffering with Anxiety since i was about 15 or 16..around 4 months after i came out of hospital with a collapsed lung..i reckon it's the fear of my lung re-collapsing and the general unhealthiness of my chest that sets off my anxiety..atleast that's what my head says..

I took some major pains in my chest at the start of this year..they subsided but i went down to the doctors..he did a tap test on my lungs and checked my heartbeat etc..he said everything was fine, there was no blockage in the lungs etc and to get some rest

For a couple of months i was fine..then it all started up again but more frequent than usual..I don't take many full blown panic attacks but i get a severe sense of anxiety all day long as i focus on it far too much..

I took a bad attack last night and it got me so down as i was shaking and feeling 'spacey', i know that shaking, your legs going like jelly, things feeling like a dream is all to do with the adrenaline surge but i can't seem to convince my mind that everything is fine

Plus the fact all my mind thinks about is what i heard before..too much adrenaline can damage the heart which worsens everything..

Anyways, i best stop now as i won't have anything else to talk about later :roflmao:

Ciao

Veronica H
12-08-09, 12:13
:welcome: Jamie. This is a friendly place with great advice.

Veronica

Jamie_
12-08-09, 12:40
:welcome: Jamie. This is a friendly place with great advice.

Veronica

Thanks <3

Hopefully having the ability to rant about anxiety to other sufferers will have some release

Lilica-Demetier
12-08-09, 20:03
hey jamie.
I have exactly the same thing. Bloody panic attacks huh. They're horrible and make you feel like you're going to die of some heart or chest related death. I get the spacey-ness and like being in a dream where no one can get at you. I find controlling my breathing and thinking of something funny helps a little bit. Like maybe cats doing the fandango or other such madness.

I think the ranting is a great way of feeling better and at least on here you won't feel alone!!