PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram, a wonder drug????

fundinglez
12-08-09, 11:22
hey im new to this site, um....this is my story.

I have been a sufferer from panic disorder and anxiety controlled depression scince early 2007, there are a number of things that could have contributed to the state of hell i lived in for so long but that will be a long read.

I was put on 60mg of citalipram and 10mg diazipam to knock me out if i got to much for myself. i was almoast housebound and yet started to suffer with costraphobia i was in a cycle of being scared of being scared and my mind was going at 100mph moast of the time, i was signed off of work and found it very difficult to come to turms with any social activity, i couldnt sleep, didnt want to eat, could only cope with hiding under the covers waiting for the world to end. I was very paranoid and felt like i needed to be sectioned.

To begin with, prob for 4-5 weeks citalopram didn't do anything but make me feel really really sick, i put on quite a bit of weight and had started clenching my teeth together and still do this now, either when im about to sleep or if im stressed or even consintrating, the diazipam was used more often then not and felt so relaxing, i felt like anything could happen and i would just be calm about it, but i couldnt keep nocking myself out forever..

2years later i have been back at work for a while now, im a dental nurse so have to consintrate on other peoples phobias on a daily basis, which helps me forget about my own problems.

I had been on 40mg for a while and 20mg scince oct 08, i now have been on 10mg for 6 days and am doing alright, i have had some wierd side effects of coming off of them, headaches, my vision seems to like shudder every now and again and have slight vertigo, i dont know if anyone else has had similer experiences.

I have tried lowering the dose a couple of times but then i have bounced back and been put back on the higher dose again, im quite determined to stop citalipram but am a little nervus.. i know it wont be easy, i went to newquay this weekend and started to have a panic attack, but just told it to f**k off and just started to walk around and do something else which worked so am very pleased to overcome a painic attack for the first time. :yesyes:

I do feel on the edge moast of the time and have had episodes were i feel like i'm either going to burst into tears or laugh my arse off. i dont want to eat anything and have constant headaches, and constant diarrhea ahs anyone else had this???

thanks for taking your time to read this
x

billsters
12-08-09, 19:12
i went to newquay this weekend and started to have a panic attack, but just told it to f**k off and just started to walk around and do something else which worked so am very pleased to overcome a painic attack for the first time. :yesyes:

haha, well done.

Yes, sometimes I've been able to get angry at the panic ... fear and anger are incompatible emotions so it's difficult to feel them both at once.

You went to Newquay! :yesyes:

Can't help on your question about coming off the drug as I'm just starting on a very low dose.