PDA

View Full Version : can someone talk me down a little

LisaLisa
12-08-09, 12:45
Hi

Ive google and im scared stiff again.

I worry chronically about HIV althoug have had five negative tests over last two years and only one partner since four years ago. One of my tests was antenatal lst year. I worry because i can see symptoms of hiv in myeslf that i have read on the internet that were described as 'hallmark' of the condition.

I then read that the tests cannot detect all strains and mutations of the virus.

So.....my baby daughter is just recovering from viral croup - which is a baby laryngitis. I was assured that it is a virus that causes it becuase the childminder that she goes to s daughter has had laryngitis last week. That was fine. Noe i have had a sore throat for three days which has now turned into laryngitis. Thats was fine until i googled laryngitis and read that almost 100% of laryngitis is viral although fungus can be the cause in immunocompramised patients, particularly those with hiv or aids?!?!!? So ..........Am I right in saying that if that were why I have laryngitis that it is far too much of a coincidence that my daughter had it days ago for it be anything other than viral?

Also does anyone think that if i were so immunocompramised that i had fungus in my larynx that I would have other problems too? Like oral thrush or stufflike that?

Im just soooooooo worried again and I cannot beleive that a simple harmless look on the net for laryngitis has paraylised me in fear again. For gods sake what is the need for theose that write these articles to be so absolutely obsessed with HIV in all there symptoms!! I mean am i right in saying its too much? I mean the last i heard the percentage of the population with hiv was still very low in britian?

Someone please tell me im okay ............this is all too much again

Lisa
xxxxxx

nomorepanic
12-08-09, 13:49
Lisa

I am betting that you didn't just google "laryngitis" but you googled "laryngitis hiv" didn't you?

You are constantly looking for reasons to prove it is HIV and not for the obvious other reasons.

I seriously think you need to get some counselling for this HA obsession or at least buy the book I sell in the online shop as that may be a start for it too. It is an easy read and explains how to overcome HA practically.

nomorepanic
12-08-09, 13:50
Oh and stop googling :winks:

nomorepanic
12-08-09, 13:53
Lisa

I just read this reply you did to someone...

I havent been to the dr for a while becuae in actuall fact i didnt want to have to go after a while of going all the time. The goog thing is my psychologist 'banned' me from going unless an obvious emergency which takes the pressure of me to work out whether i need to go or not.

Did he not ban you from Google as well ?

LisaLisa
12-08-09, 14:11
Hi Nicola

Thanks for you reply.

Yes I am not suposed to be using the internet for health things at all but you are right in saying it is an obsession completely. Its like an addiction an I think I look up other ilnesses to feed the addiction. The horrible thing is i actually searched only Laryngitis. I think it was the site patient UK.

Its like im scared to take the risk to belive that its just HA that I have purely becuae of the symptoms and yet i am far too scared to have the symtpoms looked into.

You are right though I do need to pull my finger out and take responsibility for this anxiety properly. My sessions with psychologist are not lasting much longer ive been told.

Thanks Nicola, i think I have the book though the psychologist gave me it to use.

Lisa
xxx

nomorepanic
12-08-09, 14:14
You could try some reverse pyschology on yourself and ask yourself what would happen if you did get HIV.

What would you do about it etc.

I am sure you know more about HIV than me but it isn't a death sentence nowadays is it ?

sweetypie
12-08-09, 14:15
google is bad this is how my fear stated i was scared of salmonella because somone told me the egg i ate that day wasnt cooked properly
i looked on google and i had some of the symptoms such has a little belly ache and headache and achey i thought i was going to die i was so scared
but looking back now i no it wasnt salmonella it was my first panic attack
what im trying to say is i look on google all the time and i look at the symptoms then about 5 mins later il start to get symptoms our mind works in very strong ways to make us think bad things are going to happen
im still struggling i try not to look at google but some of the times iv found reasuring things such as this website
i bet you any money you dont have hiv because u have had 4 tests u need to start reasuring ur self i no its easy said than done as im suffering but in a differnt phobia

LisaLisa
12-08-09, 14:34
google is bad this is how my fear stated i was scared of salmonella because somone told me the egg i ate that day wasnt cooked properly
i looked on google and i had some of the symptoms such has a little belly ache and headache and achey i thought i was going to die i was so scared
but looking back now i no it wasnt salmonella it was my first panic attack
what im trying to say is i look on google all the time and i look at the symptoms then about 5 mins later il start to get symptoms our mind works in very strong ways to make us think bad things are going to happen
im still struggling i try not to look at google but some of the times iv found reasuring things such as this website
i bet you any money you dont have hiv because u have had 4 tests u need to start reasuring ur self i no its easy said than done as im suffering but in a differnt phobia

Thanks Sweetiepie

You are so right about google, I hate it.

It just amazes me every simple condition that we dont fear is related to something massive on the intenet. I guess the thing is the websites list every possible cause of something so that they cant be sued. Kind of like how drug companies put on their patient information leaflet in drug packets absoloutly every side effect know to have ever been reported even if not even proven to be caused by the drug, just incase.

I suppose we lack the expertise to put the info incontext. Really i guess the NHS website is the only way forward. ...what ever your sypmtom...see your gp...
Thanks luv

Lisa
xxx

LisaLisa
12-08-09, 14:53
OMG

What the H*ll am I all about!! I have just read a post about chronic pancreatitis and then...googled!?!?!? Its like i cant help myself. Its like i dont think i have to take treating my HA seriously because ... i dont know like someone else will take it away??

its unbearable

Lisa

nomorepanic
12-08-09, 14:55
Lisa - what are you like lol.

Stop googling it will drive you insane

LisaLisa
12-08-09, 15:03
Lisa - what are you like lol.

Stop googling it will drive you insane

Nicola you are not wrong!

I am absolutely loopy with this HA.

No more google no more goole no more google.......How come i never worry about obsessively seraching google being a symtom of HIV, actually i probably do lol

Lisa
xxx

rebeccad
12-08-09, 16:06
cant believe i am going to advise this being how i am, but why dont you block google from your computer? I think i might follow my own advice lol.
Seriously i dont think you have hiv you have had so many tests one would have picked it up. Also your partner and child would have it.
Hope you feel better soon xxx