PDA

View Full Version : Please help any feedback would be most aprreciated.

Lucia_1989
12-08-09, 12:52
Hello my name is Lucia and i have been suffering with panic attacks anxiety and depression for 2 years now.
I came across this site a while ago and found that it helped i thought i was getting better but recently i just feel like ive hit rock bottom again.
I dont know what to do anymore i feel like i cant cope, i spend day in day out at home crying and worrying. I feel like i just can't enjoy life anymore until i am better.
There has been a few symptoms i have been experiencing at the moment that are really troubling me i thought i would list a few on here to see if anyone else feels the same.
At the moment i have been really worried because i truely believe i am going insane and am scared to death i might develop schizophrenia or start hearing voices or hallucinating. I feel really out of it my vision is really weird i dont even feel real anymore. I have read that this is a symptom of derealisation but i am worried because i have this constantly and feel that this cant be normal and i must have some other mental illness.
I also keep geting horrible thoughts all the time, i keep thinking what if i just lose it one day and end up hurting someone or myself its making me feel physically sick just thinking that this might happen
Sorry to go on but i just really need some advise/reassurance as i honestly dont know what to do anymore.

Mich1111
12-08-09, 13:55
Hi Lucia

I think this is a common symptom of anxiety. I certainly feel the same as you - at times I think I'm going insane/mad.
It is just the anxiety making us feel like this. I've been told and read that you would not be aware of your actions if you were mad - the fact we are so aware of our feelings and know what we are think is irrational/wrong ie like to hurt someone means its just the anxiety taking control.
Please try not to worry your not alone.

Veronica H
12-08-09, 16:16
:welcome: Lucia. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. This should put your mind at rest.

Veronica