PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex 5 weeks

morob
12-08-09, 18:12
Hi
I have been on 5mg of cipralex for 5 weeks, i take it in a morning, and i was put on it for anxiety/depression, i have had lots of side effects , some which have gone, and i have managed to go out a few times, which is more than i was doing, but the last 3 days i found that i have felt very lightheaded for a while after taking the tablet, and that each afternoon i have been so tired that i have had to have a sleep, i am not getting quality sleep at night since been on the tablets as i have lots of dreams and sweats, but it is only the last few days i have needed to have a sleep, i wondered if anyone else has felt like this so far into the treatment and if it will pass ? Also i have lost about half a stone in weight which i do not seem to be able to gain, even though i am eating, and i feel weak alot of the time, i have had blood works done and all ok. I just hope it is going to get better than this, or i will never get back to work !
Morob

XxDonnaMcKayxX
26-08-09, 19:19
hi
i can sympathise with u morob. i myself have been on cipralex for 5 weeks for anxiety. started off really well and was no longer getting that overwhelming anxious feeling i used to get about going out etc. have had some side effects such as feeling sick and dizzy but the major thing has been the panic. the past wek hasnt been too good. getting nervous and anxoius about everyday things now. also always tired!!!! do u think 5 mg is enough for u? im thinking about going back and having a chat with my doc!

icicledreamz
27-08-09, 00:42
As soon as i was uped to 10mg, i felt a better change. my sleeping was definatley better, and overall felt alot more at ease.

I think you are stressing about it too much, i did the same. My doctor told me the tablets work so gradually, you wont notice a major change, but over time you'll say to yourself hey i've been less anxious these days..
5 weeks in the tablets should be stabilized in your system, the side effects really should have passed by now? no? I only had side effects for a few days when starting and when increasing dosages.

Do you take your tablet with food?

I find its better for me to take with dinner, i sleep better that way. and am less tired throughout the day.

Spacey
21-03-10, 09:13
Hey,

Yes I completely understand, have been on the stuff for 6 weeks now and still having the anxious/edgy spells all day that take over me. I've been taking lorazepam an anti-anxiety pill to relieve the anxiety but cipralex makes me very tired and spaced out mixed with the lorazepam and i'm about to faint every night. I understand the weakness and quality of sleep ! It's like a sick feeling in your body and head like you could collapse if you weren't too careful. The sleep argh ! it's all over the map. It's tough when you hear people getting better within weeks when the sides are still eating us up here, but apparently you have to stick with it ? should get better hopefully, keep us posted and best of luck !