PDA

View Full Version : getting thru this day

mirry
04-10-05, 08:48
Hi everyone, Yest i got a phone call from the hospital telling me they can see me TODAY at 3pm. At first i was pleased because i am in pain with my swallon glands but then i started feeling the panic coming back.
It didnt help that yest my mother in law was told by the hospital that shes taken a mini stroke and i am starting to panic about what they may tell me this afternoon.
I am worrying why they can see me so fast.
I am counting the hours untill i go and hope i wont freak out, my stomach is in knots with worry about the panic and the problem.
sorry to go on but have to keep busy.

mirryx

meatybuddy
04-10-05, 09:17
hi mirry

so sorry to hear that your mothe-in-law has had a stroke, i know what it feels like as my dad had 3 mini strokes last year in 3months of each other.

i would try not to worry why the hospital can see u so quick it may be becauae they had a cancellation and was able 2get u in quicker that way.

i find in situations like that that its a viscous circle the more you worry the more you panic and so on - try and relax and do some breathing exercises thats what i found usefull to me.

please let us know how you get on at the hospital
good luck

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

chucklehound
04-10-05, 10:20
Hi Mirry,
First of all I am so sorry that you are going through this.

I tend to agree with Darren, maybe there was a cancellation, and that was the reason that they got you seen quicker.

I know it's very difficult but to count the hours until you go the hospital is just bringing the anxiety up more. Have you tried to do any breathing exercises or relaxation?

I wish you all the very best hun.

Let us know how you get on if you can.

Bye for now
Take care
Chucklehound
xxxxx

Dan
04-10-05, 10:28
hi
i also think there was a cancellation, my niece got letter fri for appointment monday last week and it was no worry, sorry bout you mum in law but mini stroke not as bad as sound
try to busy yourself from now till hospital it does work
hope all ok and be strong
take care
dan

mirry
04-10-05, 11:56
Just came back on looking for some kind words and found your replys,
thanks so much because I am trying not to worry my family and not let them know how concerned i really am. Its nice to know i can tell my friends on here without sounding crazy or paranoid.
I have kept myself busy all day on here looking up all sorts and eating lots of food, everyones at work and school and its allowing time to think!
OK now i am going to clean out the rabbit hutch and then i am going to clean my wardrobe mirrors.......they need doing (all this as well as runing back and forth to the loo) .

take care and i will of course let you know how i am doing.
thanks

mirryx

nomorepanic
04-10-05, 13:47
Mirry

Just wanted to wish you good luck for the appointment and please let us know how it went ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

seh1980
04-10-05, 14:08
Good luck Mirry!! Let us know how you get on :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Piglet
04-10-05, 14:12
Good luck Mirry :D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
04-10-05, 14:55
Mirry ,

Hope its all going ok for you there.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

hunny
04-10-05, 15:41
Hope all is going well for you Mirry

Love Hunny x

chucklehound
04-10-05, 15:55
Hi Mirry,

Just to let you know that I am thinking of you.

I hope that you get through it without too much anxiety hun.

Take great care

Chucklehound
xxx

mirry
04-10-05, 18:35
Just got on here and read all your replys and nearly cried... with happiness ,what a lovely community this is!
I went to the hospital and had to have a horrible tube stuffed down my nose that looks into my throat and I nearly panicked because i felt i couldnt breath and it was painfull, the results for that were OK!
i felt embarresed because my eyes streamed with tears.
The doctor told me she feels its either a saliva stone or infection and sent me off for xrays which have been done and sent back to her.
They have also booked me in for a ultra sound for the 9th november so now i feel i am making some progress.
I am now worrying about the results but THATS ME always worrying and ive told myself if something was obviously wrong they would see it on the xray and call me back sooner i suppose?
once again thanks all for listening, where would i be without you all?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mirryx

chucklehound
04-10-05, 19:24
Hi Mirry, :D[^]:D
Well done with getting through today I am so proud of you.
You sound quite a bit more positive now than you did today which is really, really good.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me anytime hun.

Bye for now
Chucklehound
xxx

Meg
04-10-05, 19:30
Mirry ,

Glad that the results of that test were fine.

You did really well.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
04-10-05, 22:22
Hi Mirry

Glad everything was fine. You did so well today. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hannahlou84
05-10-05, 16:32
Hi Mirry,

Glad the results were OK. Well done you for going! That was really brave of you. I hope they find out what the problem is and help you out soon. It all seems to be moving quite quickly for you now. Good luck!

Hannah

"Suddenly I see, this is what I want to be, Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me"