PDA

View Full Version : Flying fears & beta-blockers

auqeam
12-08-09, 22:10

pollyanna
12-08-09, 22:45
Hi.

Firstly, great news about your holiday, i am sure it will be a wonderful adventure.
I take propranolol regularly for anxiety/palpatations, when first prescribed i was terrified to take it, and it took me a year to pluck up the courage to take it, the outcome... i wish i had done it sooner, it has really helped me, i try to think of it as not making me heart rate slower,( i think thats what i had most problems getting my head around, would it make it go too slow?) but it makes it regular.
I would suggest that maybe it might be a good idea in the two weeks that you have until you go, is to do a 'dry run', i did this when i was terrified of taking valium for a medical procedure just recently , so i took it a few days in a row at home in a controlled and comfortable environment, until i felt ok with it, i found this way really helpful, it would only have added to my stress to try it for the first time on the day i was going to the hospital. of course this might not suit you and is only a suggestion,
Good luck with whatever you decide, and have a wonderful holiday, let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Pauline x:hugs:

justbananas
13-08-09, 04:43
ask for a perscription for a few xanax and take a couple before you take off

auqeam
13-08-09, 18:10

eternally optimistic
14-08-09, 18:24
GOOD LUCK CLARE WITH THE FLIGHT, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A FABULOUS TIME. I'M REALLY PROUD OF YOU. I NEED SOME COURAGE LIKE YOU.

PLEASE, PLEASE, EITHER POST AN UPDATE WHEN YOU'RE BACK OR PM ME.

HAPPY HOLIDAY.

auqeam
14-08-09, 20:10