PDA

View Full Version : Another setback

T89
13-08-09, 01:56
I had a bit of a rough experience tonight and I can feel my anxiety levels creeping up.

I’ve not been eating well lately because of globus which has led to a fear of choking but I’m slowly working on trying to build back up to “normal “ food but then tonight as I swallowed some ice cream my throat just seemed to seize up and for about 5 seconds I felt like I couldn’t swallow or breath. It didn’t have me coughing or anything and it was only ice cream but it really scared me. I feel like I’ve just suffered a major setback here and I already feel awful because my cpn has been great but she’s disappointed I haven’t been able to eat much solid food. Now after this I’m terrified again and feel like I’m back to square one after I've tried hard the past few days to eat again.

Is it possible I just panicked and froze? I’ve had brief paralysis before through anxiety.

Thanks

Ozpanic
13-08-09, 02:04
Hi T89 i get this when eating out in public my throat seizes up! its awfull, try to relax maybe w hen eating and eat slower, it helps me Oz :D

T89
13-08-09, 02:09
Thank you for replying so quickly:)

I just got so freaked out because it didn't seem right but it helps when you know you're not alone (although I wouldn't wish that on anyone) and with my fear or choking...I totally thought my fear was being realised.

T89
13-08-09, 19:21
I managed to calm down last night thanks to your reply Oz but today all the panic has come flooding back.My cpn phoned to see how I was doing and when I mentioned it she said the ice cream I was eating probably just went down the wrong way-I didn't cough after it so does that mean it ended up in my lungs? What happens if food gets stuck there?
I haven't managed to eat solids today because of it and now I keep coughing and sometimes when I try to swallow it feels like the same thing that happened last night only without food.
I remember that I burped just before I swallowed-is it possible the burping and swallowing clashed in the middle? I know that sounds ridiculous but I'm just really confused by what happened.I didn't think it was choking and now my cpn said it probably was it's bringing back my fear which she says I need to face head on but I just can't at the moment.:weep:

Sorry to have to drag this thread back up.