PDA

View Full Version : Newbie :)

Ti
13-08-09, 08:58
Hello!

I'm Tijana. I'm 24 and live in the US. I've been having episodes of anxiety/panic/health anxiety since I was 8!!! I'm in another bad phase now and so I decided to register here again. I haven't had any bad episodes since 2006 (which is when I first discovered this site...) until now... :(
I'm afraid of moving to Germany to go to grad school because of my recent anxiety problems which makes me so depressed and angry at myself because I don't want to miss this opportunity.

In a nutshell, I have been having episodes of chest pain, light-headedness, dizziness, numbness, stomach aches... etc. My whole body seems to be messed up.. I often joke about it, but really I am very depressed over the whole thing. This is not how I usually am. I used to be the funny, crazy, confident one... In the past 10 months I have turned into an insecure, afraid, pale shadow of my former self.

Now I decided to try to ignore my physical symptoms and try to think positively instead of obsessing over them. It's just so hard when all those scary sensations start.... I work at a hospital and I see all kinds of stuff going on... People with the same symptoms that I have coming to the ER and then I think, wait a minute, does that mean that I belong in the ER??? Am I having a heart attack/stroke...etc. If I actually did go to the doctor, would I possibly be diagnosed with M.S./a brain tumor/cancer/atrial fibrilation/pulmonary embolism/...etc (the list is endless).

It's extremely hard to break the worry habit... That's why I think this site is extremely helpful... we can all help each other and give each other hope!

Thank you all for sharing and giving hope and advice!!

Ti

gypsywomen
13-08-09, 16:02
hi hope you can find answers on this site i have take care:hugs: