PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

Welsh.Baz
13-08-09, 09:43
Well my anxiety has been getting much, much better lately, but the other day I had a bad day, and I was out of Diazepam, and it was out of hours, so had to hack it till the morning to see the doc.

Went to see the doc, who moaned at me about being at the docs 13 times in 8 months, guess it does sound bad (3 times for blood, once was there fault for not taking enough blood, 3 times for anxiety, 3 follow ups, twice for the same chest infection, once for an ECG & once for a chest muscle injury)

So instead of giving me more diazepam, which i've only taken when required, which isn't often, she put me on these, now having read through this, with only having the odd bad day here and there (i've had 3 bad days in the past 6 weeks) should I really be putting myself through the whole drug dependacny thing?

I'm going to give it a day or two before I actually decide given they are 28 days 50mg dose thing, so I have some time before I should start them (pharmasist told me to take them with breakfast so will start tomorrow if I decide to go with them)

Just want a bit of, well, personal input about it, if anyone has a similar lower end anxiety level.

den68
13-08-09, 14:32
first of all your doc gets paid to see you and its her job, secondly i went atleast 8 times in one month last year and i have had more test than hot dinners, blood tests ecgs mri, scans , 24 hour bp monitor, seen the cardiologist and neurologist twice and every thing was ok so dont feel guilty about going to docs.
As for the meds only you can decide i didnt take them as i had a phobia of pills but have got much better with just councilling but i cant advise you on the pill issue because i dont know if i would of got better sooner if i had taken them
denise

Welsh.Baz
13-08-09, 15:15
I'm waiting my appointment with a councellour, been told it will be a 4 to 6 month wait as it is grrr, and the thing is my docs know I don't want to be dependant on any medication for it, and she told me to come down and see her if I got a real bad attack and the diazepam was getting a bit 'addictive'

den68
13-08-09, 16:16
seeing a councillor is a good move . You say you have had 3 bad days in the last 6 weeks. Everyone who has or hasnt gets anxiety gets bad days i think though for us who have had severe anxiety get scared its coming back when we get a bad day, but like my councillor says everyone gets bad days its human nature but only you can decide if you need the new medication or not to manage these days i assume they are antidepressants but not sure