PDA

View Full Version : How come?

ANXIETY26
04-10-05, 11:40
I've been Agoraphobic since I quit medication a few months back. I dont really leave the house at the moment. This morning I had a dentist appointment I needed to attend. I managed to get a lift there and back. When I got there I was fine, even had one of those lovely numbing injections. Sitting in the dentisits chair for half an hour was'nt a problem. This baffles me because I cant undertand why I can manage that yet I cant leave the house most of the time. The main thing that bothers me is the surreal feelings, the way the world looks to me. Although I know nothing much has changed it just feels as If it has. Everything seems in my face?? and as if Im slightly drunk?? anyone else get these feelings?

mum2four
04-10-05, 11:44
I get a kinda feeling of tunnel vision when I'm trying to push threw my anxiety and just do what I have to do.

Try not to focus on how you felt focus more on that you did it.

nomorepanic
04-10-05, 13:52
Firstly well done on going to the dentist - a lot of people wouldn't even contemplate it.

I am wondering if it was because you had a purpose to go out and this kept you focused on things. Sometimes just going out for a walk (for example) doesn't give you enough to focus and concentrate on and then the thoughts creep in.

Yes I too used to feel "drunk" all the time - horrid feeling and it does pass in time.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
04-10-05, 15:07
You got there, got through it all and got back ...
Well done .

It does seem that you need some stimulus to get you distracted and a reason to get out and doing.

If you really feel work is out of the question even for reduced hours then try to keep motivated and busy with something maybe to help others so you are not so introspective all the time

Volunteering ... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3767)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?