PDA

View Full Version : Skippy beats

golddustsara
13-08-09, 11:56
Hi I'm new ((waves)) and I'm really glad I found this site as I am at the end of my tether.

Basically I have been having skippy heart beats since I was 17 (now 24). From time to time they get bad eg: more than 50 skippy beats a day and sometimes practically disappear for a few months bar the odd couple a day.

For the few weeks however, for no reason they have become the worst they have ever been with ectopic beats every couple of minutes on average. They are scaring me so much I went to the doctors who heard a couple and tried to reassure me that they don't mean anything. I had ultasounds, 24 hour ecgs when I was 18 and that picked up nothing bad so he was reluctant to send me off to the hospital again. He did put me on beta blockers but so far other than make me a little spaced out they haven't really done much (worked for a few days then it all came back again).

I am trying to stay calm, do lots of walking, eat foods rich in magnesium and avoid caffeine and alcohol but again these don't seem to have made too much of a difference....

I just am starting to feel helpless, depressed and keep crying all the time. I am normally a bubbly active person and I feel I just can't cope with these ectopic beats all the time. Is there anything else I can do to help with them? Also no-one seems to know why my heart does this.... I just wish there was more answers....

amandaj
13-08-09, 16:52
i know how you feel ive done a post today about funny feelings in the chest aswell its horrible scary and does get you down hang in there you will be ok same as me
take care
amandaxxx