PDA

View Full Version : Sinus Tachycardia out of nowhere

willtheconk1998
13-08-09, 12:13
Hello Folks,

Been a while since my last post.
I have been keeping better and have manged to reduce the amount of ectopics greatly.
I have done this by a daily intake of purple grape juice (which I read about on the net and works for me) and gaviscon.
It seems that if I can keep my acid reflux and stomach acids in general at bay and take daily amounts of grape juice then I get very few ectopics which is great for me but may not work for everyone.
I am still hounded tho by sudden bursts of tachycardia (Fast heart beats) out of nowhere.
It can happen after eating which has happened in the past.
It can happen when I have had a couple of beers again which has happened in the past and I can live with these. It is the times like last night when for no reason at all my pulse can hit 120-130bpm for absolutely no reason!! These are the scary ones. I ended up in A+E and had another ECG done (about my 6th this year on top of 2/ 24 hr tapes)and again told everything is fine it is sinus tachycrdia and sent home.
I am currently working with my GP to get to the bottom of it and she is checking me for Celiac disease. I have an appointment to see cardiologist in 3 weeks time. Does anyone else have these bouts of tachycardia for no reason? They can last for a couple of hours sometimes before slowing back down.
I am never stressed at the time these come on and that makes it harder to accept. Anyone else?? And if so how do you cope.

nickieb
13-08-09, 13:07
Hiya

I have recently started getting bouts of tachycardia & blinking palpitations- its dreadful.
Is relux & acid related to these, because i get alot of that mainly related to the fact i have lost 2 stone of late & i have reduced my food intake alot!

Again much the same as yourself mine can also last a few hours & it freaks me out despite knowing what they are. I have only ever had one ECg which picked up the ectopic & my GP has said its stress as i have been through a rough time of late...hence them appearing! Much like yourself again when they do come on im not blinikin stressed grrrr

I am not coping well with them to be honest & despite the fact i am a nurse i cannot get my head round the fact its nothing more sinister. I have just been prescribed propanolol for them so i shall give it a few weeks to see if they help.

xxx

lesleya
13-08-09, 17:32
Hi
Hope you dont mind me asking but what exactly is sinus tachycardia?
xxxx

nickieb
13-08-09, 17:52
A fast pulse les

pammy1944
13-08-09, 18:33
when i get tacky i cough or sip an iced drink ..its works for me

lesleya
08-11-09, 01:36
aaah i see...thanks nickie
xx

snowqueen
28-08-10, 04:24
Hello Will,

I've just joined Yes! I have the same condition as you. However, my Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia attacks onset when I am sleeping! I am violently awakened by the body, sometimes trying to breathe others not with my heart racing I can hear it and feel it very frightening. I've had this for 9 years I'm on a beta blocker. Straight away I begin deep slow breathing ( this oxygen intake can act as a brake and help slow the heart. I also reach for a 10mg break through tablet and swallow it fast.

Other great secret DRINK PLENTY OF WATER, OTHERWISE heart has great difficulties in re regulating itself if an attack occurs. Trust me I have learned the hard way. I'm a veteran at this. . Secret if it's possible is to remain calm and don't panic the hardest of all to do. I was once admitted to the hospital before we knew what it was with a reading of 210 beats a minute. The sun dehydration and exertion can onset this condition too. Once in Florida my car became stuck in a sandy rd, I and all my children were digging it out in the sunshine, suddenly out of the blue I had an attack a first for me! so beware!!!! Another occassion we were crossing the dessert driving from Florida to Colorado bam! not enough water and the heat an attack came and I was just sitting in a car very uncomfortable from the heat this conditions can be a trigger for some as they were for me. Hope this helps anyone out there who has my condition???????????please contact me .........:welcome: