PDA

View Full Version : new user propranol

markisanxious
13-08-09, 12:23
hi have just been given these meds 10mg three times a day and when i read the side affects i became panicky and anxious whether to take them i have been suffering from these panicky episodes for a while now and try tohide it from my wife but i feel like i can no longer go on like this i have tried kalms st johns wort to no avail should i take these tablets or not or am i just worrying myself more thanks :weep:

nickieb
13-08-09, 13:01
Hiya Mark,

I am also new to using these meds. I was also prescribed 10mg 3 times a day & so far i think its helping possibly a little. Its a very very small does to take & the side effects are very minor!
I have read alot about the users of propanolol on here & so far all the posts seem very positive.

Msg me if your worried xx

pollyanna
13-08-09, 13:12
Hi Mark

I take propranolol 40mg, up to three times a day, at first i was terrifed to take them but so glad i did, they have really helped me , i had very little in the way of side effects, perhaps just a little tired, but as nickie says 10mg is a very low dose, so shouldnt be troublesome.
good luck

Pauline x:hugs:

pollyanna
13-08-09, 13:14
Hi again mark

Didnt realise you were new to the site too, so :welcome:, this is a great site for advice a support.

P x

markisanxious
13-08-09, 22:28
thanks for the replies ladys can i start on half a tablet or would this not work :)

pollyanna
13-08-09, 23:17
Hi Mark

If you took half a tablet, i dont think it would have much ,if any effect, but if you wanted to start with that dose and work up until you are happy , then that is what you must do, we are all different and we have to do what we are comfortable with, i know i have done that with other meds before, its the only way that i could cope with taking them.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

p x

mystic3178
13-08-09, 23:36
Hi Mark..

Take them as proscribed. I took 2 courses of them and find now that things aren't half as bad. I'm coping quite well now. As a matter of interest, what do you get panicky about?

Also, I'd let your wife in on what is happening because in my opinion, you are not helping yourself. No doubt keeping it from your wife is probably adding to your anxiety. I initially thought I could struggle through but then told my wife what was happening. Your wife is probably smarter than you give her credit as she will have probably noticed subtle changes in you as you do battle with the panicky episodes.

Mystic3178

markisanxious
14-08-09, 13:42
hi i have just took one this morning and god i felt shaky when i did but after 10mins i was fine i even didnt jump and go crazy when the postman kocked on the door this all started whn my best freind died of liver failure i missed saying goodbye to him he wanted me to go and see him while he was in hospital and i was away working and his mam didnt have my number to tell me igot home the day after they turned his machine was turned off because no liver could be found for him he asked for me when he went in and i wasnt there for him and since then i have gradually got worse scared to go where anyone is i now only have my wife as my freind cause i dont want to go though that again he was the best freind anyone would want was always looking out for me give me somewhere to live :mad: