PDA

View Full Version : Walk-in centres - do they do blood tests?

tim73
13-08-09, 14:02
As it takes forever to get an appointment with the GP and probably have to get a further appointment with a nurse for tests, I wondered if you can just go to a walk-in centre and get some there and then?

Just concerned about my constant heavy lethargy and dizziness. As I'm having stomach issues which could indicate a possible ulcer, I'm worried of course about things like bleeding ulcer leading to anemia (though no blood in stool and I'm not throwing up). Either that or diabetes.

Really just want to rule things out. The doctor hasn't bothered with tests. Initially everything was anxiety, and now they're just treating the immediate symptoms.

If I ring the GP, earliest I'd see them would be tomorrow if I'm really lucky and then not until next week for a blood test probably if I can convince them, etc.

amandaj
13-08-09, 14:09
ive never been to a walk in centre so im not sure , but id ring the gp and get them to ring you back at least then explain how you feel and youd like it asap good luck
amanda

den68
13-08-09, 14:09
not sure about drop ins, but where i live you can get a slip from g.p take to hospital and they take your blood but still have to wait for results