PDA

View Full Version : question about breathing

panicagain
13-08-09, 17:51
If your Really having trouble breathing would it be all the time or just come and go? Hubby says my breathing difficulty is due to my anxiety but i'm not sure. It comes and goes but has no routine that i know of, it even happens when i'm not thinking of anything stressful. What could it be? Heart, lungs, diaphram? It doesn't get much worse with exercise. Sometimes just when i'm sitting:wacko:
Gotta figure this out cuz i can't go to the dr till next week
:weep:

marcc64
13-08-09, 18:12
I have this it would be pretty much 24/7 but it was worse some days and better other days, and would go when i was enjoying my self and not thinking about it.

amandaj
13-08-09, 19:03
i have this 24/7 its a pain and very scary it is anxiety but its just trying to convince ourselves it is that and not something serios its very difficult

melvin
13-08-09, 19:12
i have this prop at the moment to i get kind of a chest pain and feel like i cant breath set me off big time i also get it if i become hot for some strange reason

panicagain
13-08-09, 21:46
y'all describe me very well:D i'm having those same feelings, even the getting hot sometimes, I get tight in the chest and abs too. I also get weak and want to lie down, is that weird???

How do y'all deal with it?

Sometimes i just cry and think i'm dying right at that moment, i've even told my hubby "goodbye", it annoyed him cuz he said he knew i was fine. I wish i was confident that it was nothing. He keeps saying if it was something serious it wouldn't go away,,,Is that true? Some things go away then come back right? Sometimes eventually they come back with a vengence. Not sure about the breathing thing though:wacko:

If it was my heart i would think it would get worse with exercise, right? If it was lungs, i'm not sure i guess it depends. My hubby told me to break things down like this and try to "rule" things out so thats what i'm doing

I'm still scared though:weep:

Utility
14-08-09, 00:39
Hi

Your husband is correct, it is your anxiety that is causing this and that doesn't mean that you actually have to feel anxious. You more than likely get some sort of feeling or shortness of breath and then start to focus on it and it then seems worse.

Again, what your husband said is correct. Reason things out and look at the positive and try not to worry about the "what ifs" and "what does this mean" You will just end up worrying about things that don't exist.

Just for some reasurrance, I get exactly the same things you describe. They come and go and it can be before, during and after exercise and at times when I very rarely feel anxious - but it is anxiety that causes it and nothing else