PDA

View Full Version : being hot

melvin
13-08-09, 19:31
hi every one
can anyone tell me if they get an attack if they start to get hot .just lately i start to feel warm then i feel like I'm finding it hard to breath witch sets off my anxiety

pollyanna
13-08-09, 20:17
I get the panic then get hot, its like a shot of hot adrenalin going through my body.

P

teez
13-08-09, 21:02
if its hot outside or we get a heatwave,,thats one of my worst times for anx attacks and panic attacks

Welsh.Baz
13-08-09, 21:09
The heat is one thing that generally does make me more anxious, something about there not being enough breeze about to get the cool air I feel I need. Guess that is done to the fact that my second onset of anxiety came after a long day out in some horrid heat.

magpie girl
13-08-09, 21:51
my anxiety is triggerd with the heat,then i get the sweats,it feels like there is not enough air to breath

NoPoet
13-08-09, 22:40
I find that I tend to feel more depressed during hot weather. I used to call it the "summer blues".

Weirdly, since taking citalopram I found that being cold can increase my risk of feeling anxious.

Gregor
13-08-09, 22:54
Definitely feeling the heat would set me off - luckily in the UK we don't have to worry too much about heat! when i went to Peru that was one of the things which concerned me most as it's a much hotter country. I got used to it though and now back home, the heat doesnt bother me so much (anxiety-wise).

One thing which does cause problems is my heating system at home - the radiators generate such a stifling heat that i really feel so faint.

So, in conclusion, i think many of us suffer the same with the heat. Perhaps it's just because in this country we're really not used to hot weather, then when it hits us -- it really hits us badly.

melvin
14-08-09, 17:22
thanks for your replys guys gregor you should have some t r vs fittered on ur rads mate control the temp