PDA

View Full Version : I need Help!!

Beth42862
12-01-04, 20:15
Hello,
I am a 36 year old female.I was put on Oxazepam two years ago when I had a very traumatic delivary with my son.I went for two weeks feeling like I was on a rocking boat,couldnt concentrate,lump in throat,and was put on this.I am scared now because its been two years,and I am supposed to be down to one a day,and I still need two a day,or I have bad symptoms.The worst part is is that I am not insured anymore so I cant get help.The Doctor though is still perscribing these.I do not know what to do because I want to be off these things!!
Please email me with help at beth42862@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Beth

nomorepanic
12-01-04, 21:16
Hi Beth

Welcome to the site.

You will get a lot of help and support on here so take time to read both this forum and the website.

Take care.

Nicola

Meg
12-01-04, 21:30
Hi Beth,

Having been on them for two years it's likely that you have some dependence and you will feel symptomatic when reducing them.

You should cut down very slowly such as changing your 2 whole tabs a day to four half tablets spread over the day (or get a lower strength), then just cut down to three half tablets over the day (75%) for a couple of weeks and so forth.

It's unrealistic to expect you to just cut from 2 whole ones to one whole one (50%)after that length of time.

Let us know how you do .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Beth42862
12-01-04, 21:37
Thanks Meg,
They are capsuls!Ho can I split those?
Beth

Beth42862
12-01-04, 21:38
Im on 10mgs by the way

Buby
12-01-04, 22:15
hi Beth.

im not sure about your meds but i dont really know much anyway..lol. we're always here to talk and to give you advice when you need it, so keep posting,

hugs Rachel xx

Meg
12-01-04, 22:24
Hi Beth,

We only have them in tablets here so crushing or splitting.

Check with your chemist whether they make a 5mg capsule or whether you can have the next lot in tablets instead.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Beth42862
12-01-04, 22:52
why cant I just try to split the capsule??

Meg
13-01-04, 13:17
Dear Beth,

By the nature of being a capsule , it's usually got liquid inside .

You can do some cunning things with a 1 ml syringe and needle in halving the dose but the gelatin is really there to protect it from the HCL in your stomach or you might wind up having none being absorbed - I'd try your chemist and see what other dispensing options there are over with you.

10mg is the smallest dose here.

Meg

twister
13-01-04, 13:51
Definitely ask your chemist cause you can get a lot of drugs in liquid form for weaning yourself off them

Emily

Beth42862
14-01-04, 18:30
hi all,
I wanted to thank you for your advice.I did split the capsule and its powder.So if I do it carefully,it pretty much stays in the shell.So now i am down to one a day.How long would you say to do that before going to only half a day?Thanks again,
Beth

Meg
14-01-04, 18:36
Hi Beth,

Well done for taking the leap forward.

See how you feel on the one. In a week if you feel ok, drop down the smallest notch possible.

I would recommend that you stay on each amount a minimum of a week to start with until you see how your respond.

Meg

sarah
14-01-04, 23:28
Hi Beth

Just a thought...My mum used to split her capsules because she couldnt swallow them but the powder tasted yukky. She mixed the powder with a little jam to make it taste better!!! Just an idea for you.

love Sarah
xx