PDA

View Full Version : Panicking about pelvic ultrasound scan

KT57
14-08-09, 12:46
I have been waiting for an appointment for a pelvic ultrasound scan as my doc said he could feel one side of my tummy felt swollen and as though it had fluid in it. The appointment came through very quickly - its next week and this has panicked me as I am now thinking they think its urgent and serious. Having said that my doc knows of my HA and said he would do his best to get a quick appointment. Do you think I should be worried? Also has anyone any experience of pelvic scans on NHS in England. Will I be told anything at the scan or will I have to wait? Any input would be much appreciated as I am going a bit crazy with worry here.

I have to ring my doc for blood test results this afternoon so will let you know how that goes.

KT57

randomworry
14-08-09, 13:45
hi KT

like you said the GP gave a quick appointment because they know about your health anxiety. It does not mean they think it is something serious. You will be sorted in no time!

all the best and keep us posted

pd
14-08-09, 16:10
Sounds like the doctor is trying to put your mind at ease as quickly as possible.

I've had a couple of these with the NHS, the first they told me there and then what they had found, the second I didn't hear anything until I went to my GP a week later, but it's all done fairly quickly and if they DO see something they'll let you know sooner rather than later.

KT57
14-08-09, 16:58
Thanks for your reassurance and also for the info about the scan procedure - thats really helpful.

I found out this afternoon that my blood tests were all normal so just got to get the scan out of the way now!

KT57