PDA

View Full Version : sicky and still not eating properly

amandaj
14-08-09, 20:49
a few times over the past cpl of months ive been sick and tonight i was again. my ha is going through the roof im so scared ive got something really bad, im still not eating maybe half a sandwich a day if i can get it down, i thought i was due my vb12 injection on the 11th of this month but i rang yesterday to get an appointment and she said it was due end of july im not sure if this is anything to do with the way i feel so poo all time but im scred to sleep at night cos i will wake up feeling sick and my hert will be doing somersaults and i cant eat cos i feel sick and feel like something weird is going on in my throat sat here crying

Ahab
15-08-09, 22:35
Hi there
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. If it's any help, I am pretty sure your late VB12 injection is not to blame. It sounds more as if you are suffering from HA as heart somersaults, sick, throat problems etc are all classic signs.

My mother suffered HA for years and my grandmother before her and both often referred to just these same symptoms, particularly the throat thing. I am fighting HA myself at the moment although mine takes a different form.

I can only say that there is always light at the end of the tunnel and there are far more people out there who understand exactly what you are going through than perhaps it seems at the moment. Most of us manage to appear pretty normal to the outside world!

However, you really do need to eat a bit more or you will make yourself ill. If you can't manage solids, and if your throat feels weird then I can understand why not, then how about trying a fortified drink like Complan? It's not expensive and comes in lots of different flavours and is really quite tasty. You can get it in Boots and other places. The less you eat the more sick and weird you will feel, that's a fact. Try a little nourishment, anything at all you feel like eating, don't worry about whether it's "healthy food" or not at the moment, just get something down you. You'll start to feel less spaced out, your heart will settle and your nausea will calm down. Hunger gives you these feelings so it's a viscious circle you're currently in!

Good luck, God bless.

amandaj
16-08-09, 10:53
thank you for the reply its really appreciated , sorry to hear you have health anxiety aswell im def going to get some complan just as usual though i always fear the worse thanks again
amanda