PDA

View Full Version : Oh God!!

marcc64
14-08-09, 21:10
Was looking up hyperventilation on wiki, well there was other links to similar stuff which i clicked on and i came across this horrid thing i have never heard of before which match some of my symptoms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertension

Looking back now, i did uses to have alot of nose bleeds as a child (don't anymore) and now some vision issues. I hope i don't have that :(

SueBee
14-08-09, 21:40
Doubtful you had high blood pressure as a child and most kids get nose bleeds, I know I did.

Have you had your blood pressure checked recently?

marcc64
14-08-09, 21:42
I had it checked when i went to the A&E, Nurse said it was slightly high but nothing serious also had it checked a couple of weeks back at the doc and this time it was normal. if it was hypertension would it stay high or not?

panicagain
14-08-09, 21:49
I can Totally understand your panic cuz i do it often but if you go back to that link about hypertension it says "chronically elevated" and if you had a normal bp not long ago you probably don't have it, i'd say your bp is going up due to stress, you'll be fine:hugs:

marcc64
14-08-09, 21:53
Hey panicagain :) should of posted my "my symptoms" thread on here rather then making two different ones lol sorry i am just a little agitated right now.

panicagain
14-08-09, 21:59
Hey panicagain :) should of posted my "my symptoms" thread on here rather then making two different ones lol sorry i am just a little agitated right now.

Thats Ok, i understand:hugs:

pd
14-08-09, 22:41
Try not to panic! Sometimes I swear we'd be better off without the internet. Wikipedia, google, even nhs direct are all as bad as each other, and once you've read the symptoms of a particular horrendous condition, you can start convincing yourself that you have them. Or at least I do, what an exciting life I lead!

If you had hypertension your blood pressure would be high all the time, not just slightly elevated at the doctors. Lots of people always have slightly high blood pressure when they get it measured, but not the rest of the time, just because the stress of getting it measured makes it higher.

I hope you're feeling better about this... avoid Wiki/google etc unless you're using them for non-medical purposes!