PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine (generic prozac)

robertina
05-10-05, 09:57
Hi,
ive been wanting to post something about my experience with (generic) prozac on this website for a while and now im finally doing it:).
I wanna share it because it has helped me a lot overcoming depression and anxiety. Im 26 years old and for the first time in my life, since starting with the fluoxetine, ive had an entire month depression free. This is really amazing and unbelivable for me. I feel well. I dont feel sad. I can lie down on the bed and just think, and the thoughts will be pleasent. They wont drag me down into despair. I get real tired though. I feel sleepy most of the day and it takes me time to wake up in the morning. I'm sleeping a lot, about 12 hours a day. Sometimes i wake up during the night, but im never angry, never sad. I havent argued with my boyfriend since i started with the fluoxetine.
Well, i didnt go to a doctor to have it prescribed. I studied so much about psychology and personality disorders, and depression and stuff, that i decided to prescribe it to me myself. Ive been addicted to pot all my life and when i didnt have pot to smoke, id go real crazy cutting myself and destroyng things. I havent found any pot lately and i felt perfectly fine. It's great. However im taking 60 mg per day not 20 mg. But for now im happy like this.
So basically i just wanna say that fluoxetine is great if you suffer with depression.
The first couple of weeks there are a lot of side effects but get over the 2 weeks and all is fine:).
Goodluck everyone.
xxx robi xxx

FRANKIEISBACK
05-10-05, 10:18
Like anything else, too much pot is not good for you, if you drink a lot of alcohol its bad for you, if you suffer with depression or anxiety you simply cannot carry on abusing drugs or alcohol, from time to time it may be ok and some people enjoy relaxing but you have made the right decision

Daniel
05-10-05, 12:49
I have been on a couple of anti-d's (paroxetine & amitriptyline) and I found fluoxetine was the only one that lifted my depression. As robertina says the side effects weren't pleasant but it worked for me too.

'After the rain comes the sun'

kezzie
01-07-07, 15:43
hi never done this before.ive been on fluoxetine for nearly 2wks and the side effects are awful.please could u tell me what side effects u had and how long does it take to go.am thinking of stopping cos i just feel spaced out and distance.please help.or is this just anxiousness just want to feel normal.thankyou for reading.:weep:

Ellen70
02-07-07, 12:34
Hi, it is great that the Fluxetine is working so well for you. Just want to point out that anti depressants are very hit and miss, what works for one person might have no effect on another. I know this has been said a million times already but sometimes a person can feel guilty or bad about themselves if they don't respond well to a drug that has helped others.

Eibhlin