PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pressure?

looking4answers
15-08-09, 05:49
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has a pressure just under the breastbone and does it feel better walking around and exercising some? Also at night when you lay flat does it take awhile to stop feeling it under your breastbone so that you can sleep?

I lay on my left side and support all of my weight with my arm . I do this quite a bit. Lately when getting up my chest and stomach muscles feel very tight with a constriction on my adomen. If I walk around awhile it gets better .

Also at night when laying flat on my back it takes awhile to subside but eventually it does especially if I relax. My heart rate is good and I don't seem to have any other symptoms so Im ruling out heart issues. Also I have had this off and on for over a week or so. If hasn't been to long since I was at the doctors and they said my heart was fine.

I am pretty much contributing this to bad posture and tenseness. Anyone else find relief with a little exercise and when lying flat on your back ??

Thanks in advance

Jaco45er
15-08-09, 09:17
Hiya looking

I get the pressure thing. I find sometimes that it is always there, like a weight pushing down on my chest (usually when a little stressed).

I have had it on and off for a long time, and heart issues was ruled out by my GP a few years back (heart issues was ruled out by my wife before that, she said i didn't have one ;)).

But I do find it goes if I pop to the gym or get a bit active.

I think it's just your bodies way of representing the stress chemicals, along with all the other symptoms you may get (dizzy etc etc).

Possibly if you have only started to get it, it may just be a virus, but if it becomes bothersome (mentally, as in you are stressing over it) talk to your GP for reassurance.

But to be honest my friend, the chest pressure symptom is really common with anxiety.

Take Care

Jaco

Mich1111
15-08-09, 11:23
I get this. I have been so uncomfortable lately with tense muscles and aching body that I went to see an Oesteopath. He said the top half of my body was rock solid where the muscles were so tense, it was restricting my movement.
I have been back twice now and I am really seeing an improvement. Alot is down to bad posture, the way we hold ourselves when we are anxious. Its the first time in ages I have felt my headaches lifting and that I can move alot easier - my breathing is certainly easier the crushing on my chest is hardly noticeable.

Jamie_
15-08-09, 11:36
I get it on and off, makes me feel sometimes that i just can't get a deep breath

When i wake up i feel tight chested and i get mild stabbing pains when breathing deep but after I'm up and walked around everything is fine it doesn't happen all the time, just when i've gone to bed feeling anxious

I've had this for a good year now and it hasn't got worse so i just ignore it now

looking4answers
16-08-09, 01:14
Thanks for responding. As time goes on I seem to notice it only when im looking for it. When laying around I am usually laying on that area and somehow become really aware of it. Therefore when getting up and doing things it seems that I can't breathe very good. At night when lying on my back it seems to go away after an hour or so.

Sometimes I can get up and just walk around for awhille and it seems to go away. Hopefully its nothing,but it is bothersome. Thanks for your replies and its always good to know Im not alone.