PDA

View Full Version : hi im new around here

bones
05-10-05, 12:35
hi everyone
for many years i have been suffering from anxiety to a point where it is now interfering in my everyday life. For example the fear of doing a presentation at work or out with friends fills me with dread causes me to throw up and generally spoils the event. Of course i have been to the doctors as i want help and was put on Anafranil for 4 years. I have just started with Cipralex escitalopram which i have been taking 10mg once a day for 3 weeks, and havent noticed any change, infact i feel worse, so i am off to the docs again tonite which i hate asin the waiting room i start to feel sick and have to run to the loo, really embarrassing but hey thats my life. Anyway would like to know if there are any others out there on Cipralex and how r u finding it. Has it worked for you. My girlfriend is also on them but for Clinical depression, wot a couple we are.
Anyway nice to be here hope to make some friends
Andy. xx

andy

trac67
05-10-05, 13:17
Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of advice here and make some great friends. I am on citalopram, and they worked wonders for me.
Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Meg
05-10-05, 13:19
Andy,

Look in the medication catagory,you'll find other Cipralex buddies there.

Keep with it up to about 6 weeks as it can take that long to kick in, also, it is entirely normal to feel worse during that settling in time.... don't despair yet.

Have you any any other help apart from medication.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

lainey
05-10-05, 13:25
Hi Andy.

I'm not on medication but a big welcome to the site, you'll find lots of info about it here and lots of support from like minded people.

Take care

Elaine x

bones
05-10-05, 13:27
Thanks meg
only other help is from my girlfriend who is on the same as me for her depression. I will stick with the course and i have heard it takes 6 weeks to be effective so i will wait and see. I look forward to using this forum.

andy

seh1980
05-10-05, 14:52
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

pinkscrumpy
05-10-05, 14:54
HI Andy

A warm welcome to you. Hope we can help.

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Tan The Man
05-10-05, 17:37
Hi Bones

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of good advice and friendly people here.

Yeah I know axactly what you mean by feeling sick in the waitimg room.

There are many people on this forum that say that Cipralex is one of the best meds they have had. Three weeks is not long enough to notice a difference...some people say that it usually kicks in after about 6 weeks, and some notice effects after 3 months. so you may have to give it more time.

Take Care
Tan

sueiamnew
05-10-05, 17:42
Welcome to the site Andy!

tracyp584
05-10-05, 17:50
Hey Andy,

Welcome to the site,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Elaine1
05-10-05, 19:35
Hi Andy

A huge welcome to the site. You will find lots of help and support here, keep reading the forums!

I'm on Cipralex 20mg and have been on it for 3 3 1/2 weeks - seems to be helping!

Wishing you and your girlfriend well.

Elaine XX :D:D

Karen
05-10-05, 20:39
Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

meatybuddy
05-10-05, 22:56
hi andy

welcome to the forums you will find a lot of good advice here with loads of very helpfull people

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

bones
06-10-05, 12:15
Thanks everyone for your really kind welcoming words I only came across this site by chance yesterday and i alrready feel i have made loads of new friends. An update went to docs last night feeling very anxious as i hate those places but went i did and the Doc has seen fit for me to go to 20mg of Cipralex, which is good news. Ive been on 10mg for nearly 4 weeks now, so hopefully i should start feeling the benefits soon. Downside ive got high blood pressure, so its a weekly check up for me for the next month. Anyway got a long weekend in Brixham to look forward to next weekend so hopefully that will help.
All the best to you all kind souls

andy

chucklehound
06-10-05, 16:22
Hi Bones and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support

and meet some new friends too.[^]

Take care

Chucklehound

xxxx

nomorepanic
07-10-05, 19:12
Hi Andy

A warm welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help to you.

With regard to the blood pressure - did the doc offer you the chance of borrowing a monitor to check it at home when you are more relaxed as mine is always high at the doc's?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

mazz
10-10-05, 10:46
hi andy welcome to the site , its great to know your not alone , ive just started on cipralex and a bit scared of making the panic worst but iam willing to see it though , best wishes to you and your girlfriend

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 23:37
Hi

Welcome to NMP ! I hope you gain some good advise and there is an excellent page on medication which will give you some insight into other peoples experiences

Sue with 5

scknight