PDA

View Full Version : Started Cipralex and very scared

shotokansho
15-08-09, 11:58
Hello Everyone.

I have been taking 10mg of Cipralex for three days (taking my forth tonight). I have been on these tablets before, which was around 3-4 years ago. Things have gone downhill for me recently, hence the reason for going back on them. I cannot describe how frightened i am, my anxiety has trippled since taking them and i feel all alone. Last night a thought came into my head that i was going to kill myself. I don't know weather this was because i had read this in the leaflet, or if i had just read a newspaper article that a girl had killed herself, thus setting it off in my mind.
After this thought sheer terror swept over me and i had to have my ex partner over to stay with me cos i was so scared of being alone and doing something stupid. Is this just my anx taking over? My mind playing tricks on me? Other than feeling a little nervous and a little nausious i have had no other symptoms and i was beginning to think that the meds were well adjusted to me. Then that happened last night.
I woke up this morning with those thoughts no longer bothering me too much. I am still thinking about it but maybe thats just my anx cos i was so scared and i am worrying about it happening again. Of course it's the weekend now and there is no-one i can call if things go bad, my friend is working all weekend and there is no-one i can stay with or have stay here.
I have no idea what to do next, i don't know wheather to take my 4th pill tonight or wait for them to wear off and not take anymore.
If i am on my 4th pill when will the side effects come and go and should i be worried about what i went through last night? I am in such a low mood now and i really don't know what to do. I am here alone with my boys, i'm finding it so hard. I don't remember it being like this when i took them years ago. Please help, i am scared.

Kerry xx

suzy-sue
15-08-09, 12:19
Hi Kerry !,these thoughts are just the side effects and can be very scary ,especially when you are on your own .You recognise them as possibly being caused by what you had read about and that is what has caused them .Increased anxiety causes all these symptoms .Your mind picks up on the most ridiculous things ,it did with me .Just keep telling yourself it will pass and its your mind playing tricks .Its bothering you so that is a good sign ,its not something you really feel like .These side effects do pass .Avoid any stimulu that could set you off ;ie ;scary films ,anything morbid ,even the wrong type of music .Try to keep occupied and maybe get out for a walk somewhere peaceful.I even used to freak out at the moving screen saver on my computer as it made me feel scared ,and gave me panic attacks lol :wacko: If you need someone to talk to ,come on here ,go into chat and someone will be able to help put you r mind at ease .Feel free to pm me if you want to .Take care luv Sue :hugs: x

shotokansho
15-08-09, 12:35
Thanks Sue.
I just can't see past it at the moment. I am so light headed. Would I experience withdrawls after taking 3 if i didnt take my pill tonight?
I will be honest, i wasn't sure if i needed to start them in the first place. I have managed to control my panic for years without the need of meds and was extremely reluctant to begin these meds. I didn't feel forced, my gp and support worker have been fantastic and very supportive, i just think i may have made the wrong decision. I am not just saying that because of how i am feeling now, that it my honest opinion in my heart of hearts.
I am not suffering with depression, just a little low mood and anxiety that i can usually handle.
I am wondering if just a little support from my support worker and maybe bit of CBT and relaxation would be the better course of treatment for me.

suzy-sue
15-08-09, 12:47
It shouldnt be any worse than you feel now hun,,I came off another drug after 3weeks and felt better the next day ,a lttle anxious but nothing like I had been feeling ..You dont sound like this was the best decision ,Im sure Relaxation and CBT would help you ,and theres no side effects .:D Hypnotherapy can be another good option .Or herbal supplements like inisitol and 5htp ..Drs are too free in my opinion to perscibe drugs for everyone .Its an easy option for them ,and isnt always the answer .Good luck ,im sure you will be fine .Here if you need me .Take care Sue x:hugs:

shotokansho
19-08-09, 15:33
Well in the end i called the emergency doctors because i was to affraid to take that forth pill. She advised me not to take anymore because of the thoughts i was having. She also said see how i get on within the next week or two and if i feel i need them maybe my GP could try me on something. I felt instant relief and haven't took one since.
I feel so much better now. Those thoughts are still there but they pop in very faint and they don't scare me now. Come to think about it i haven't even been panicked, which is great. This tells me i didn't need the meds in the first place. Will just have to wait forever now for my CBT to start lol.
Thanks for your replies.
Kez xxx

suzy-sue
19-08-09, 15:42
I was wondering how you were doing .Glad you are feeling better than you were .Good luck with the CBT .All the best and take care Sue x:hugs:

shotokansho
20-08-09, 10:35
Thanks loads Sue xxxxxxxxx

finchdee
20-08-09, 10:51
Hi shotokansho

I agree with alot of what Sue is saying. I started on Citalopram around 3 weeks ago, after struggling with the side effec I gave up after 2 weeks (doc said I could just stop), the day after I started to feel quite well in myself. I have been suffering with anxiety and worry. I have app with my doc on mon and I said that I feel that I want to try and go it without tabs and try other options. However I do think tabs work wonders for some and others not so much. A week after stopping the tabs I have been feeling little run down (prob cause weight I have lost and my pants immune system) I instantly started worrying again incase ive got something sinistar going on in my body. But I have promised myself I will not contact the doc unless I really need to. Good luck you can do it, even though I am still not 100% Im determined to try my hardest. We all go through stuff in our lives and I always believe if there are people around you willing to listen it can really help.

Dee