PDA

View Full Version : Need Panic Advice!

kaz_2000
15-08-09, 12:38
Hi i dont know if i sound silly writing this or not but i need some advice,i suffer from really bad panic attacks & get them nearly every week & cant really cope with them as it is but the real problem is that im suppose to be going on hol abroad next week & im absolutly terrified of going incase i get an attack wen im there or at the airport or something,i dnt want to ruin my hol or my partners but im scared every day just thinking about it & if it happens when im there how i wud handle it,plz cud sum 1 give me sum advice on wot to do :weep:

kaz_2000
15-08-09, 13:10
thanx for the advice it sounds a gud idea & im going see wot i can find to download on to my ipod,thanx again

kate_32
19-08-09, 17:35
hi kaz!! i used to love going abroad, but with my panic attacks came claustraphobia:( so flying for me is a terrifying experience, if you go 2 see your GP they should give you a small amount of sedatives to take with you, i understand that a lot of people are really against taking them but for a short term useage they really are fantastic, i never ever go abroad without them now and sometimes just knowing that i have them is a safety net and gives me a great sense of peace of mind

den68
19-08-09, 20:41
i am flying next week and am worried i will have a pa or will be sick on plane. i am going to force myself to take a travel sickness pill which should make me a bit sleepy and also i have heard rescue remedy helps. I have a medication phobia but have taken a travel sickness pill to see what happened and it just made me a bit sleepy. going to get rescue remedy this weekend and try that too. I have also downloaded some relaxing music onto my ipod to take. i cant think of anything else to do