PDA

View Full Version : Panic like im mad

Panic33
15-08-09, 13:54
Hi All,

Ive suffered from panic attacks in the past and after short spells of medication come through fine. I've been fine up until 2weeks ago when I now have what seem to be continuous panic attacks and the very short break I have between I'm worrying my self sick about the next 1. Started Cipralex again a few days ago and although helped me in the past is causing my panic to go through the roof (I find myself sat taking my heart rate and body temp around the clock ??).

Panic33
15-08-09, 15:33
Hi and welcome to nmp
there is lots of information help and support here also a great chatroom which you can use after being a member for five days hope to see you in there
take care
tetley
x

Luk forward to it

Pip01
15-08-09, 16:04
Hi

I'm new to this site too. I've been experiencing health anxiety recently as well. As you've come through the panic attacks before I'm sure you will again.

Veronica H
15-08-09, 18:37
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

chantelle
16-08-09, 00:38
Welcome to NMP - you'll get lots of advice & support here. Everyone really understands and dosen't judge you at all. I'm on cipralex too and my anxiety went through the roof for the first 2-4 weeks. I then went through a 'numb' period but am now finding that I am having more good days than bad so hang in there.
Take care
Chantelle