PDA

View Full Version : Uncertainty

Carla louise
15-08-09, 16:04
Hey everyone just need to get this off my chest/looking for a little reassurance. I just know I am going to be worrying and waking up in the night fretting now till monday. I cannot cope with uncertainty-I can't just `let things go' and see how they pan out, I am obsessing and driving myself mad.
I was meant to be moving July 25th, about two wks before I couldn't get hold of the builder then a few days later he got in touch, the house wasn't signed off and it would be another 5 wks before I could move in!
So now i'm due to move in in two weeks, went up last week and the house seems on schedule, however the outside still looks like a building site and its not been signed off yet. He said he would most likely call monday gone and give me a key so I can start moving stuff in, patiently waited all week, no call.Tried to contact him today and can't get hold of him so have now convinced myself the house will not be ready and there is a problem. I'm an idiot, i should have called him midweek now i'm left worrying all weekend, I am my own worst enemy.Part of the problem is I don't like ringing people because of my anxieties, I hate talking on the phone.
I know its probably just that he doesn't answer work calls at the weekend but I just hate being in Limbo. I worry excessively if I cannot get hold of someone I always end up thinking something extreme like they have had a heart attack, a car crash, eloped, been abducted- never anything normal like they are on the loo or they've just left their phone at home etc..its driving me mad!!

valleybear
15-08-09, 16:47
Oh Carla louise, I know exactly how you feel....I was having my drive bricked and as I am on my own, I worried about sometihing every day and couldn't settle or sleep until I saw him the next morning, weekends were horrible as i didn't like to ring him at home either. I know it is not as important as your situation , but I do feel for you. I am sure that come Monday you will be able to get in touch and sort things out. Other thing is that people who don't call when they say they will and don't give reasons for things are a nightmare for people like us, just makes us so anxious...and I bet he is not at all thinking that he has caused distress...they don't understand. Try not to get unlikely scenarios into your head(difficult I know) and good luck on Monday XX

Carla louise
15-08-09, 20:27
Hey Mhairi, Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply. I think you are right, they don't realise the distress their inactions cause. Perhaps he was thinking there was no point calling me until the pathway to the house is finished, as I can't carry boxes into if they are still working on this. I think though, that a woman would have rung to say that! I think it is a man thing! I will let you know how I get on on monday XX

valleybear
16-08-09, 11:31
Cheers hun, and keep your spirit up. Really it is a case that we expect everyone to behave/act and do things the way we would and , sadly many don't. I will look forward to hearing how you go on tomorrow and will be thinking of you. XX