PDA

View Full Version : Tooth worries again. Fillings, shame, etc. :(

MandySlade
15-08-09, 18:57
So, as some of you might know. I finally went to the dentist after not having gone since I was a teen (I'm 30 now). Over the next few months I will be having 8 new cavities filled and 2 old "mercury" fillings replaces. So, a total of 10 cavities. I feel like I'm a clean person and I take care of my mouth, but 10 cavities??? I'm so ashamed. That CAN'T be normal. I feel like I let myself down and I have a guilt of over it.

Also, I'm worried about the fillings. I know the mercury ones are supposedly terrible, but some people say when they are removed they "leech" more mercury and you can get mercury poisoning from the vapors. My dentist says she uses suction and the safest removal techniques possible, but I'm still scared.

I'm also obsessing over the resin fillings I'll be having put in. Are they really safe? I've been reading online that they also have dangerous chemicals in them, I mean they're plastic, afterall.

SIGH. I feel like my whole mouth is going to fall apart now and it's all my fault. That or I'm going to die from all these things being in my mouth and/or the proceedures that will place them.

I wish I never let it get this bad, but I had no idea it would. TEN cavities. uhg. :(

MandySlade
16-08-09, 04:00
Now I'm freaking out about my wisdom teeth. Only one came in maybe 2 years ago (I'm 30) and the dentist says she doesn't see any others, but that the xrays she took aren't panoramic and don't "go that far up". So now I'm fretting that I have serious impacted wisdom teeth.

Uhg.. I hate my mouth and I hate health anxiety. :(

MandySlade
16-08-09, 18:22
Uhg.. -still- obsessing. These tooth thoughts are invading me constantly. I wish I could get some peace or reassurance. Everyone I've told (which isn't many people) have been like "OMG TEN cavities???" and "Why do you only have 1 wisdom tooth in.. you're 30.. the others are probably impacted or have cysts..."

:( it's not the normal case where I'm worried about something and people go "oh that's just silly" or "that's not serious at all". No, this time people are scaring me.