PDA

View Full Version : really scared

randomworry
15-08-09, 20:01
hi guys

i have been having pretty much constant headaches for a month and taking quite a few paracetamol- not overdosing or anything just more than normal.

now ive read when you stop this you can get rebound headaches which are more frequent and worse. Im worried ive actually really damaged my health because i didnt have to take the paracetamol as the headaches were not that bad.

anyone done something like this!

randomworry
15-08-09, 20:02
and i am angry at myself because i was checking my body to see if the headache was still there before taking paracetamol. but this checking probably made me feel as if it was but wasnt!

hope you understand what i mean

MandySlade
15-08-09, 21:31
Well, look at it this way... if you are getting rebound headaches, then that's all it is. It sucks and it's painful, but they will go away eventually.

WillyB
15-08-09, 21:36
Headaches. I used to get them a lot. I once went a week with a constant painful sharp headache.

It might be some stuff an osteopath can help.

Anxious_gal
15-08-09, 21:50
try a herb called feverfew it works for migraines, might help your headaches

justbananas
15-08-09, 22:57
if you stop taking the meds, the headache should go away on its own within a week or so with relaxation, massage, rest .. otherwise yeah sadly you are just feeding it with meds. i've done this before. you have to convince yourself to shake it by non-medicating. no big deal though!