PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so different

didunn1
05-10-05, 14:58
Hi evry1, haven't been on here for a while but feeling really low at the moment. Have had some problems with my hormone levels and sugar imbalances due to polycystic ovarian syndrome and even tho these are improving my anxiety and depression has got worse.

I feel so different to everyone as I can't enjoy anything at the moment, I keep crying all the time and I feel really frightened. Have just come back from a shopping trip with a really good friend but she's so full of life and so in control, I'm just so indecisive and I keep comparing myself and thinking I shouldn't be like this. I've a really loving husband and family and am lucky I don't need to work but I don't feel normal, I'm so hard on myself. I have to go to see the psychiatrist this afternoon and don't want to increase my anti-depressants as I don't think this is the answer.

I have a few close friends who are going thru a really rough time at the moment due to illness and divorce and need my support but I think that's dragging me down.

Just hoping for a bit of comfort from you all

Di

Hannahlou84
05-10-05, 15:35
Hi Di,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I don't feel like there is a lot I can say that will help much, and I am sorry if I say anything wrong. I am feeling very much the same at the moment, so I hope that is some small comfort.

If you don't believe that increased medication is the way forward, then please say that, because it can cause all sorts of problems when you feel that it won't help.. well it did in my experience anyway.

I am glad you have people around you, however much you compare themselves to them. Are they supportive?

Try and feel proud of yourself for even going out this morning and getting things done, I know that's hard too, but I am sure you are making some improvements that don't just register with you, that you can't see.

Take care,
Hannah

"Suddenly I see, this is what I want to be, Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me"

tracyp584
05-10-05, 17:56
Hi Di,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time, how was the psychaitrist today?

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Meg
05-10-05, 17:59
*I keep comparing myself and thinking I shouldn't be like this*

and this is no help either Diane.

We don't do 'shoulds'. You are as you are and thats how it is . Yes you can work on things to improve but comparing or being hard on yourself will not help right now.

You are having real health problems that need to be sorted first. Are you on Metformin or diet controlled ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

didunn1
07-10-05, 12:38
Hi again- sorry I haven't replied-haven't been able to cum online as we're having sum work done at home and we're offline. Went to see the psychiatrist and he has increased my tablets at the moment and I have to go back in four weeks to review the situation. I am having therapy and I need to give it time to help to change the way I think.
I am taking metformin and my sugars have still been unstable but I'm due to go and see my gynacologist on Monday.I must apologise as I may not be able to reply for a few days

Di

razocaine_07
09-10-05, 02:41
hi diane, i hope that the therapy really works for you. It did for me. Im feeling a bit "tender" lately. I have like binge bouts of depression where i feel fine for a while then i just plummit, its similar with my anxiety. I lost my cat yesturday and havent slept or ate and spent 13hrs looking for her today. But like me, you must keep hope and always keep in touch on here
MIKE x