PDA

View Full Version : Having severe setback. Reassurance please?

MOJO
16-08-09, 11:09
I feel so bad these last few days. I didn't think I had made a lot of progress with my anxiety as I never have a whole completely good day. However, I have felt so awful for the last few days that I realize I must have made a bit of progress ro be able to have a setback like this. Sorry, that sounds like a lot of rubbish. I'm really struggling here and can't think clearly. I'm trying to remember the days when I have had good spells but it all feels like it's slipping away from me. I don't know what to do, I'm so frightenend. It's all going wrong and I feel I'm never going to be well.:weep: :weep: :weep:

Veronica H
16-08-09, 11:30
:bighug1: Sorry that you are having a setback, but as you say there is a positive because you know what it feels like to be well, and you will feel well again. I kept a diary when I was first diagnosed and it proved useful in setback because I could see that there were better times, then a small setback and better times again. You could start one now. The great Dr Weekes says we learn more in setback than at any other time and this leads to a stronger recovery ultimately. Accept setback as part of your recovery.
Veronicax

june
16-08-09, 11:33
:hugs: Hi Judy,
:hugs: You said ""Sorry, that sounds like a lot of rubbish"" to any one off this site it probably would sound like that.:blush: BUT on here we know exactly what you mean:hugs: i hate it when i get a set back - it is very hard to remember that we have had these setbacks before and got over them (don't ask me how) but we did.
Thats how we know that this is a ""set back"":yesyes: Being frightend is a terrible feeling (we are told that we must Think happier thoughts) and all will be well:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
On this site i have read many many times ""How do you change the way you are thinking????"" no one has come up with an answer.
BUT if you can distract your self - play solitaire / clean the oven / do some gardening or sing a song NOW THAT sounds stupid:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

MOJO
16-08-09, 14:32
Thanks for replying. I am trying distraction but as you know it's really hard when you feel so bad. It's good to know someone who understands is there for me. At least I don't feel so alone.
Judy.

NoPoet
16-08-09, 15:57
Good luck with the stuff I sent you, hopefully it will start helping straight away.

MOJO
16-08-09, 18:49
Thank you so much Poet. I listened to the deep relaxation one when I came in and it is brilliant. Really think these will help me. You're a lifesaver!:)

chantelle
16-08-09, 19:56
Judy

I feel so bad these last few days. I didn't think I had made a lot of progress with my anxiety as I never have a whole completely good day. However, I have felt so awful for the last few days that I realize I must have made a bit of progress ro be able to have a setback like this.

I went through exactly the same feelings as you from last Friday to Wednesday morning but have felt good since. It made me realise just how much progress that I had made and the setbacks are getting less severe. ie: I don't cry continuously and question 'Why me?' and 'When will I be myself again?'

Sorry, that sounds like a lot of rubbish.

It does not sound like rubbish at all - we have all been where you are and can go there anytime.

I'm really struggling here and can't think clearly. I'm trying to remember the days when I have had good spells but it all feels like it's slipping away from me. I don't know what to do, I'm so frightenend. It's all going wrong and I feel I'm never going to be well.:weep: :weep: :weep:

That's just the anxiety talking. Try to think positively and the good times will return. We all have the capability to turn our negative thoughts into positive ones and be instrumental in our own recovery. You have taken a big first step here - typing it - it gets some of the frustration out,
Good luck and take care - you will get better.
Chantelle

Judy

MOJO
17-08-09, 18:44
Thank you Chantelle for your message of suppport. It means a lot to get these replies. The fact that people understand me helps. I have been better today than for the last few days. Not great but better. Have a lot of depersonalisation today though, feel like I'm watching the world from inside a fish bowl and that I'm not me....don't know if anyone can identify with that?:blush:
Judy.xx

june
18-08-09, 11:09
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Just sending you some hugs, cos' i can't help with this prob i did get over a bout of that but i don't know how:blush:
:hugs: :hugs:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

chantelle
18-08-09, 12:27
Hi Judy

just keep believing in yourself and you will get there eventually - we all will

Take care and pm me anytime

Chantelle