PDA

View Full Version : Prozac

Robertc160882
16-08-09, 16:17
Hi All,

Just thought that I would let everyone know that I'm now starting to see some benefits from the Prozac. Not a 100% better yet but feel like I'm getting there and that there is some light at the end of the tunnel :-).

Dizzy-Dave
16-08-09, 16:58
Good to hear mate !

Side effects have almost gone for me (Day 16)

So that alone makes me feel happy lol.

jo61
17-08-09, 11:39
Well done both. Keep it up lads!

gypsywomen
17-08-09, 13:30
took my first ne today also take propanadol and dimazipem for anxiety. but doc said ok to take them all. how long before you felt little better and were side effects bad or bareable

gypsywomen
17-08-09, 13:31
took my first one today also take propanadol and dimazipem for anxiety. but doc said ok to take them all. how long before you felt little better and were side effects bad or bareable

Dizzy-Dave
17-08-09, 13:58
Looks like you already have the first side effect....

Double post syndrome !

Robertc160882
17-08-09, 17:24
The side effects for the first week and part of the second week were fine but after that I got really bad. The only reason for this though is that I have a low tolerance to SSRI's but I think Prozac is a good drug once it begins working.

I'm a bit better again today but tired as didnt get much sleep last night as one side effect is the lack of sleep lol.

Ride it out though as it will be worth it.

Robert

gypsywomen
18-08-09, 07:28
hi robert did you find when you first started,, tum upset how many days till your brain seemed clearer,and wanted to do stuff,, did you take anything else as ell interested 2nd day for me bit nervy mm

Cat80
18-08-09, 11:57
I took Prozac for a month and the side effects never went away, I felt more anxious than ever and just couldn't cope on them. I'm glad they work great for some people though, just wish I could find the right one for me

Robertc160882
18-08-09, 12:17
I still dont feel fuly back to normal yet but know that I'm getting there and it has generally took about three weeks for me to perk up a bit. I seem to find myself looking forward to stuff now but still have bad days like today isnt that great but I'm better able to deal with it.

The thing I have found with prozac is that it takes a lot longer to work i.e. get in the system and make any small change. I still feel anixous and panic when it is time to go to bed but I'm sure that will shift in time.

Robert

eastender24
31-08-09, 03:55
prosac took 3 months for me, propanalol helped a lot with physical symtoms

Catya
31-08-09, 20:09
Hi.
Yes I've now just started my second packet, so on the 5th week. Anxiety and sleep difficulty still a big problem.

KK77
31-08-09, 21:49
Prozac is a good AD but has really activating side effects - anxiety, agitation, insomnia... But it's a good drug if you can stick it out. I had to take zopiclone to sleep.

Catya
01-09-09, 10:44
So it does get better?

darklake
01-09-09, 11:22
On my 10th day of prozac some days better than others still feel very agitated don't now if it going to work for me

KK77
01-09-09, 13:01
Hi
Anxiety got better but didn't feel my depression lifted really :( If it wasn't for the sleep problems l would have stayed on it... I didn't want to keep taking sleeping pills...
But there were practically no withdrawals when l came off it that's why l think it's a good AD and apart from the anxiety (which got better after 3-4 weeks) and insomnia l had no major side effects :)
Hope it works for you guys, give it a few weeks (3 weeks minimum) before you make any decision to change (unless the side effects are unbearable). I'm on my 1 week of sertraline after trying a million other ADs.... :(
Mel :)

Catya
01-09-09, 13:10
Hi..thanks Mel 77
That's interesting. Yes, I'm sticking with Prozac at mo as I feel it is the easiest to come off. Sertraline was one of my other options, as was citalopram. Just so neurotic re weight gain, having had a life time (seemed like) on Seroxat..which was a nightmare to come off, and caused huge weight gain.

KK77
01-09-09, 16:00
Hi Catya
Seroxat ... I was on this for 7 years (my first AD) and just couldn't get off it - it was a complete nightmare that lasted months after coming off it. But you won't have that problem with prozac. And weight gain won't be a problem - you'll probably lose weight if anything, so don't worry about that :) Just hope sertraline works for me, fingers crossed!

Catya
01-09-09, 16:45
Yes..I hope it works for you too! Just to feel 'normal' is great.
Good luck.

charleen
02-09-09, 15:36
Been on Prozac for 5 years, helped me alot. Now the DR says I have built a resistance to them and doubled the dose, didn't work. Still getting panic attacks and the rest (these are new), so I'm going to try sertraline for a while and see if it helps.
Hope it goes well with you x

eastender24
12-11-09, 01:03
3 months of prozac and propanalol for me did the trick, could not have lasted without propanalol.