PDA

View Full Version : The better it gets...(help)

teecee09
16-08-09, 18:00
the worst the setback is....my obsessive thoughts about my ex have returned...these are the main thoughts i get and i dont know why....i have an amazing bf who i want to be with but i was so focused on making it not llike my last relationship (so i woudlt get thoughts) that now i think about my last relationship ALOT!!!! i listen to a song and ask.."does that remind you of him"?? i smell my bf's cologne and ask.."does that remind you of him" idk why i do this and its killing me! and ive had dreams about the ex too.....

it makes me feel like ill never be happy in a good reltionship cause my thoughts ruin it and it aggravates me that i get these thoughts

Someone reassure that this it is okay...im feeling like im not normal...(even though ppl tell me its normal to think about the ex)

Welsh.Baz
16-08-09, 18:41
It is normal, especially if its a recent thing, or you had bad times that led to you first getting these obsessive thoughts.

My ex was the reason I first got anxiety, so until i'm free i've got as damned link to her, and with my current lady, I get the odd thought of 'what if' or 'this is different' granted it's not as much as your situation but it's still there.

Just try to look back to it as a time where you had fun but for whatever reason it didn't work out, remember the good times like everyone does, but try not to threat before your bf starts to see somethings wrong.

teecee09
16-08-09, 18:58
It is normal, especially if its a recent thing, or you had bad times that led to you first getting these obsessive thoughts.

My ex was the reason I first got anxiety, so until i'm free i've got as damned link to her, and with my current lady, I get the odd thought of 'what if' or 'this is different' granted it's not as much as your situation but it's still there.

Just try to look back to it as a time where you had fun but for whatever reason it didn't work out, remember the good times like everyone does, but try not to threat before your bf starts to see somethings wrong.

well while i was with my ex...was when i first ever experienced horrible anxiety...so when i started getting anxiety in this reltionship it reminded me of the past...

i just get thoughts and i wanna figure out why im getting them and my crazy mind at times thinks "what if your not over the ex....what if you dont have an anxiety issue....ugh!