PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety over lump and op

Mogwog
16-08-09, 20:11
Hi Guys

First I just want to say I don't know what I would do without this forum!

Sorry this might be long,

I posted a few days ago about a tender lump I found in my breast and that I went to see a consultant privately and that he did an ultasound scan and took cells (Fine needle cytology) and the results came back benign - my problem was that he didnt use ultrasound to guide him wehn taking cells so I am worried he didnt get cells from lump. He also saw two other similar smaller lumps on the ultrasound:unsure:
Anyway to cut a long story short I am having lumps removed on Tues by the consultant because my HA has hit the roof. But now i'm worrying that he won't get the lumps and I will be told everything is fine when it isnt or that he will tell me he's taken lumps out and that i'll still be able to feel it when I check my boob. As if thats not enough I'm qworrying what the results will be when they check the lumps (If he actually gets them!) all I do is mope around and cry and I cant do it anymore as my little boy, who is disabled really needs me.

I feel like an idiot as I write this :(

L.xxxxxxxxxxxx

teez
16-08-09, 21:40
hun you will be fine,,,they are so good now days,you will be upset its natural to be worried,,but at least your getting it done sooner rather than later,,,which even if what your fearing was to happen,,the earlier the diagnoses the better the outcome,,you will get through this,,i did im the biggest coward going ,,,thinking of you,,and as i said if you need to talk,,now or after im always about