PDA

View Full Version : Tachycardia / Fast Heart/Chest Pains & ECG

tattybear
05-10-05, 20:10
Hi all,

I havnt posted much lately or been online much as ive had a pretty tough time the last week or so [xx(]

The anxiety managment course is going well and am enjoying going (soz i havnt updated my post for the last 2 sessions, but have been struggling this last week).

Ive felt quite weird this last week in particular, ive had a lot of chest pains and my heart rate is really high, it does get faster when im out and anxious, but even now when im sitting doing noting i can feel it is beating really hard and im getting pains with it too. Its also happend that ill be sitting and all of a sudden my focus will go and i feel as if i will pass out.

Saw my doc today about it - he took my pulse (which he said was 120) and my blood presusre (fine) and listend to my chest and took my peak flow. My chest, peak flow and blood pressure are all fine, but he's said my heart rate is higher than the retsing rate ie its what it is after someone has excerised - even when i just go up stairs it pounds as if ive done an hour work out, and even now it is beating so hard...

anyway, i have got to have a blood test whichive booked in for monday, to test my thyroid and then i also have to have an ECG - not too worried about the EGC , its more being in a hospital which im scared about. Im having my ECG next wednesday - i know its a week away but am worried in case im leaving it too long and should go before? My doc has said i could have Tachycardia, but that it could also be anxiety..

Any input would be great...

Tatty B xx

tt
05-10-05, 20:35
I have had my resting heart rate really high 140 and then my blood pressure sky rocketted. I was sent to the hospital and they did all sorts of tests and it was all fine. Mine started one day when i went to the gym and before I began my heart rate was high and it scared me into a big mess. I now have learned to be a little more calm because you can put yourself into a lot of test and even more of a scare. Our minds are extremely powerful and we can do this.
We are extra special people!!

TT:)

TT:)

Meg
05-10-05, 22:13
*ive had a lot of chest pains and my heart rate is really high, it does get faster when im out and anxious, but even now when im sitting doing noting i can feel it is beating really hard and im getting pains with it too. Its also happend that ill be sitting and all of a sudden my focus will go and i feel as if i will pass out*

Tatty - all very usual common symptoms of anxiety and I'm sure you've been here before..

Do you think that the stress of the course has upset the equilibrium you'd found and is pushing you harder than you think it is . I know you've been doing so very well- maybe stop pushing forward quite so much and stand and rest a while just where you are .

The ECG just takes a few minutes - can your surgery not do one ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tattybear
06-10-05, 10:41
Hi Meg,

Im not sure if the surgery can do it, but I iwll give them a call today to find out as it wil be less stressfull going there then the hospital! Esp as im there next week for blood test anyway.

Yes, you could be right about the course pushing me harder than I think it is - and also you are very right about how hard Ive been pushing myself with going places etc - I had a panic attack last thursday which im stil getting over, and i think it is down to how much i was pushing myself - i need to learn to walk before I run! So yes, i am now taking it a lot easier and not pushing myself so hard.

Tatty B xx

tattybear
06-10-05, 11:59
Hi again -

thanks for your advise Meg - called surgery today and they have made appointment for me to have my ECG on monday at the same time i have my blood test :D

Dont like the thought of the blood test but know its gotta be done and am sooo relieved i wont have to go to the hospital!

Tatty B xx

Meg
06-10-05, 16:14
Great Tatty,

Now think back to how well and how much progress you've done with your move etcetcetecetecetcetc and not about this last week.
Review all your course notes and do some application to where you are now but don't try any more steps forward until you're feeling more settled. Then you can set off again.

Standing on a plateau and resting for a while is better than push , push, push that makes you feel awful.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

tattybear
06-10-05, 18:13
Thanks Meg...

Once again you're compleatly right and talk 100% sense :) and very encouraging at the same time.

I have had a brill day today spent with my fiance and his sister and her twins and am able to realise that i have made good progress and that I will take things slower now! I do feel able to do some smal things - such as popping into the post office, or small newsagents, ones im familiar with and its not such a huge deal anymore, so i know that I havnt undone all the progress ive made.

Planning a nice relaxing (ish) few days and as little stres as possible.

Tatty B xx

Meg
06-10-05, 18:17
so do you feel that your heart rate has settled too today ?

tattybear
06-10-05, 18:19
It has, a lot more from the other day, although it was quit bad this morning and also still getting chest pains...but i see what your saying :)

Tatty B xx

soggypops
08-10-05, 08:59
I too have a fast heart rate although my bp is normal. Even when i sit down ,I try and calm my self but it dose not work.
Anyone out there find that when you eat food your heart rate gose faster???? I have got to the point of not wanting to eat even though i am hungry

Soggypops

x soggypops x

tattybear
10-10-05, 13:00
Hi

Managed to have my ECG and blood test and docs today - I still have to go to hospital to have chest scan as well.

EGC was fine - she went to my doc with results straight away and he said my heart rate is up but only to what they would expect due to anxiety etc, so thats good - not loking forward to haveing to go to hosp tho! but am focusing on other things as i know it wont take long to do the xray.

Tatty B xx

Meg
10-10-05, 14:21
Glad they're done and are ok Tatty

X ray only takes 2 mins but waiting for it might be considerably longer- take a book.

Soggy- When yo eat your innards release adrenaline to use during digestion, the whole chemical reaction also makes your heart go faster - so what you're expereincing is totally normal.

Meg

tattybear
10-10-05, 18:37
Thanks Meg,

I will be going with my mum and my little Suduko book :D

Not too worried about the procedure, more about being in hospitals but it will give me a chance to put into practice some of the relaxtion and coping methods ive picked up from my course.

Tatty B xx