PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

marcc64
16-08-09, 23:05
I think i might just turn to alcohol now :( it's the only thing that takes away the pain of this horid anxiety, for a couple of hours anyway, i cant see any other way out at the moment :(

tiredOfOcd
17-08-09, 01:01
Get help.

The problem with drinking is you need more and more and more.

As you take more and more and more, the alcohol screws with your body. Its well documented to screw up your liver and raise the chances of getting certain kinds of cancers.

If you use alcohol to reduce your HA, you may end up have actual illnesses to worry about. You could be creating your own self fullfilling prophecy.

We haven't even started talking about the trouble being drunk at home or in public can get you into.

monkeybutler
17-08-09, 04:26
tired raises good points.
i'd also like to mention (or maybe remind) that even though alcohol tends to soothe anxiety for the night, the entire next day is at least twice as bad.
i do know how you feel though, and have often used alcohol to feel better. it's hard not to do.
have a couple drinks, but dont get wasted

amandaj
17-08-09, 11:29
please dont go down the road of alcohol i did and now im addicted to it, i am getting help for it but trying to stop once you start isnt a nice job to have to do, maybe go back see your gp?

teez
17-08-09, 12:08
please dont do this to yourself,,it is only you your punishing,,,yes you can drink to forget ,,but at some point you will have to come round,,then the problems still there only you,ll feel ten times worse while you have to deal with it,,,your worth more than this and you can do it.

marcc64
17-08-09, 13:47
Thanks people :) only had a couple last night, didn't get wasted :) it's just sometimes it seems alcohol is the only thing that makes anxiety better for a while. Yeah i tend to use alcohol to block out stuff i don't want to think about (HA) but i don't drink everyday usually just at the weekend.

tiredOfOcd
17-08-09, 14:06
Yeah i tend to use alcohol to block out stuff i don't want to think about (HA)

This is a very risky thing to do.

I urge you to get therapy to get your HA under control and drink when you want to not when you have to.