PDA

View Full Version : "sinking" feeling

sedalia
17-08-09, 11:01
I have been suffering really high levels of anxiety since my first panic attack weeks ago. I have good days and bad, the last few haven't been too bad, but now I have something new which is worrying me. For the last few nights, when I have been in bed trying to get to sleep, I've felt quite relaxed but keep getting that feeling for a few seconds like you're suddenly sinking (sometimes you get it when you're really tired and just before you drop off to sleep). Has anyone else had this? It's scaring me as it makes me feel I'm about to go into a coma (not that I know what that feels like) or maybe my heart stops beating for a few seconds, or I'll pass out. I don't get it when I'm walking around. It's very unsettling.

jill
17-08-09, 22:58
Hi hun :D :hugs:

When I was acute I had the sinking feeling alot, like you I worried myself sick over it, not understanding what was happening.

Hunny, when we are acute we notice any changes within our bodys, are bodys have sensations all the time, people who don't suffer anxiety don't notice them because they are NOT focust on there bodys, but when acute YOU DO, the sinking feeling is YOU starting to relax into sleep mode.

I talked to alot of people when I was acute, still do, even poeple who don't suffer anxiety AND nearly ALL people I have have spoken to have had this one time in there lives or have had the jolt awake just as they drop off, nearly all of them had this when under stress in there lives or worried about something.

YOU ARE NOT going into a coma hun :hugs: if it helps read up on how are bodys go to sleep, I know it helped me, how it sends out chemicals to relax us and shut it down for the night, so to speak.

I had many, many different symptoms regarding anxiety and ALL of them frightend the life out of me, but it does help knowing and understanding the symptoms more and just knowing you not alone with this symptom helps too, there are lots of post on the forums about this hun, there in the symptoms threads.

This will pass in time hun :hugs: I know its hard but try not to worry, worry alone will keep this symptom going. Try and reasure yourself hunny, its just your normal sleep patten your noticing.

you take care

LOVE JILL XXX

sedalia
18-08-09, 15:14
Thank you so much for your reply, and explaining that for me. I get so worried, anxiety has so many different symptoms which are similar to other conditions, now my latest worry (and I think many people on here have the same worry) that lightheadedness, spacy feelings are a symptom of MS. This HA is never ending!

Thumbelina
18-08-09, 15:46
I get this feeling as well, and it scares me

It happens when stress levels go up and that leads to anxiety followed by depression in my case.

sedalia
18-08-09, 15:50
Do you also get the feeling like all your limbs go really heavy? That scares me too (hopefully that's anxiety too and not MS!)